getting a loan...please read!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jul 25, 2002.

1. some people are missing the point. i've been trading for years and i am profitable. i keep track of all my trades and i have a positive expectancy. the problem is, after commissions and living off my account, my account size is not big enough to make the extra profits i want. if i had a bigger account, i would be able to make the profits i want. this is not an issue of my trading.

#21     Jul 25, 2002
  2. thanks for the response. i don't disagree with you...i do realize that the long term benefit of selling the car is greater than the short term happiness i get from having it. :(

#22     Jul 25, 2002
  3. i just want to say thanks to everyone who replied.

#23     Jul 25, 2002
  4. DblArrow

DblArrow

I could not disagree more.

I have seen tens of thousands spent on college, only not to use the education. I have seen many borrow to start businesses only to have them fail. If treated like a business (probably could not convince the bank though) why not take out a loan?

Keep the car - take a loan and make your business trading.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#24     Jul 25, 2002
  5. I would think it is a world wide phenomenon. It's just the way the vermin known as humans try to maximize their reproductive success. And I hate being alive for that reason, and I am ashamed of being a human. Since my body does not react too well to mind altering drugs, I have to find things that keep my mind busy enough to let me forget about that truth for a few hours at a time. For me, that's the ultimate reason why I trade.

Have you tried "independent securities/futures liquidity provider"?

That's what we do for society. ...At least what we used to do until the SEC tried to delete liquidity by means of the moronic PDT rules. And I won't even get into the options mafia's rules here...

#25     Jul 25, 2002
  6. Fitz

Fitz

If you have the confidence in yourself to trade then get that loan. Just make up something to tell the bank. Since it will be a secured loan they may not even ask what it is for. If they do ask what the 20Gs are for just tell them you have some medical bills to cover or something along those lines. (LIE)

Let us know how it goes.

PS: I didn't like that picture in your profile anyway. I had you on ignore just for that reason. Thanks Baron. :p

#26     Jul 25, 2002
  7. 1) Take your perfect credit and use it to acquire a bunch of new high limit credit cards, draw down as much as you can in cash advances, use that to fund your account.

2) Pray you are as good a trader as you think.

3) Prosper.

4) Or, blow out.

#27     Jul 25, 2002
  8. Sad. Very, very sad. With such a nihilistic view, you aren't long for the world...you seem dead to it already.

(for your own sake, I hope you were joking)

#28     Jul 25, 2002
  9. holy crap. We've got one guy telling you to commit fraud to get a loan, and another guy telling you to max out the credit cards. yikes.

But hey, you've got about a 10% chance of getting away with it. and if it doesn't work out, its just that your family will know you are an idiot, you won't have the car because it will get repo'd, your confidence will be shattered, you'll be working a $20k/yr job because you have no work experience, and you won't be able to get laid unless somebody loans you some cash for a hooker. But that's no big deal right ? :)

#29     Jul 25, 2002
  10. I don't think the chicks are leaving after you tell them what kind of car you drive, its telling them you are Mr Dinky that gets them to turn on their heels.

#30     Jul 25, 2002