getting a loan...please read!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Have you ever thought about starting a pyramid scheme to get the money you need. You might do better at that then borrowing money.

#11     Jul 25, 2002
  2. what happened to the picture Gordon?

copyright issues?

#12     Jul 25, 2002
  3. seriously, it is safer than the markets. Learn to buy cars and sell them. Obviously the markets have not treated you that well. Maybe it is time to look at something different.
    I don't want to annoy you with this post, but I gave up full time trading and retired. And I have been thru the 1987 crash and several other exciting times. It does not mean shit. If you make money you belong if you don't consistently make it you don't.
    First lesson about the car biz. If you try to sell your 30k car now the wholesaler or car trader will give you 10k maybe.

P.S. for your sake I hope you bot a Benz.

#13     Jul 25, 2002
  4. FWIW, I'd sell the car.

Any girl basing her affection on your car is only good for a "trade" (scalp or swing, depending) -- and you might start thinking about "investing" in a girl soon... you can always rent a nice car for the trades :D

#14     Jul 25, 2002
  5. A car?? A car over trading?? Come on man, where's the passion??? Screw the damn car!! :)

Seriously dude, if you really want it, my advice would be to sell the car. Trade well and you can buy any car you want. You gotta think long term man! In a few years that car isn't gonna be worth shit anyway. It's not like you bought an appreciating asset.
    Yeah, you probably love your car, it's your baby, chick magnet etc. Thing is, sometimes in life you gotta make sacrifices to get the things that really matter. Trading isn't just a fleeting hobby. This is a career you're talking about (right?).
    Do it man, do it now while you're young, and can afford to totally screw up.

#15     Jul 25, 2002
  6. GG,

Get better game where you need not worry about what type of car you drive. Girls that are concerned about the type of car you drive, aren't the women you want to hook up with anyway.

Sell the car, buy a beater and tell them you wrecked your "insert car here" racing it at the local road course and it's in the shop being repaired, or other story of your choice. If all your interested in is a little trim, why bother with being straight.

It's all a vicious game, chicks lie about not being materialistic or wanting to be taken care of (sugar daddy wanted), guys lie about who they are and what they have (overstating assets on the balance sheet).

Please no responses from anyone telling me I'm crazy and this doesn't happen, because it happens everyday at any meat market watering hole in america.

Because, as the press says that 90% of traders lose money, that isn't a good profession to tell people you work in. Financial analyst or personal money manager works pretty good.

Later,

Cracked

#16     Jul 25, 2002

7. I agree.. And who needs a car to get punani???

#17     Jul 25, 2002
  8. I think the career path is a much bigger decision than keeping a car, or getting a "loan" or anything else. Students (or their parents) spend tens of thousands trying to get a career path while in college. Consider a "lower cash" entry into professional trading, if and ONLY IF, it is a true passion....not just a passing fancy of something "cool" to do. You know the firms that may let you in, and we even have younger people who are allowed to trade with my brother and I in Vegas who come in with "low cash".

The "naysayers" will say I'm trying to paint a rosy picture to try to "recruit" you...well, that's not the case...this business is not easy (trading is simple enough (if traders will "let it be", but that's not all the "business"). At your age, at least you have plenty of time to make money, regardless of what happens with your immediate trading money.

In Vegas, we have many who work as well as trade (24 hour town, pretty easy to do)...until they get "over the hump."

Simply stating other options for you....you gotta decide if trading is important enough to you to consider it for the long term.

Good Luck in whatever you decide....

Don

#18     Jul 25, 2002
  9. MrDinky

MrDinky

Anytime a girl asks me what I drive I say "Ford Pinto". If I'm testing her intelligence I'll say "AMC Gremlin". If she's still around after that, then we might be getting somewhere. If not, well at least I didn't waste money on drinks.

:cool:

#19     Jul 25, 2002
  10. no, baron took it out of my profile! :mad:

#20     Jul 25, 2002