Get Vaxxed Or Lose Your Job?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Oct 12, 2021.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

That's normal given to occur for healthcare workers because some in fact have a strong religious history (connection) with their religion...protection from the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Thus, after the court grants such, those seeking must then prove each individual qualifies for a religious exemption. Many are not able even though the court has ruled its allowed if they can prove it.

Simply, “you can’t just grab onto a biblical verse when it’s convenient,”...each person seeking the religious exemption will need to prove their connection and it will be checked / verified.

Thus, if you're going to seek a religious exemption from vaccination, you need to start documenting your religious connection. You must in fact already be part of organized religion, with strict vaccine beliefs.
    • There simply are not that many religions in the world that have that as a tenet.
    Yet, the problem is not the religious exemption given to a healthcare worker that qualifies...its how the worker will be able to perform the job going forward after they're given that exemption.

For example, an ER nurse that's Jewish and an active member of her religion and then qualifies for a religious exemption from vaccination...she most likely will be reassigned to different job duties so that she no longer has contact with patients in the ER.
    • There is then the social interaction issue with her vaccinated co-workers.
    My point, it becomes very problematic for healthcare workers that get a religious exemption.

My sister works with a nurse that has a religious exemption that has a well-known strict rule against vaccination long before the Pandemic...she still works in the medical field but in a different job that she was trained and educated.

Today, she still works at the same hospital but pays for her own routine testing and has already been suspended 3x without pay because she failed to submit her tests by the designated date/time to continue working.

As I've stated, religious exemptions do happen...its tough to qualify for one after the court approves that someone can request one and then they'll be reassigned to a different job position if the job they had been working required contact with patients. On top of that, they'll then be subjected to weekly Covid testing.

Regardless of all the above, the patient (if conscious) still determines if they want a healthcare worker that's not vaccinated to be working on them. Most Doctors and Nurses are vaccinated. Thus, healthcare workers given a religious exemption will be a small percentage of the healthcare workers.

P.S. If you're a healthcare worker that plans to seek a religious exemption...be prepare to prove your connection to your religion if your employer wants you to prove such. Then you need to plan for the possibility of being reassigned to a different position if your job requires you to have contact with patients.

P.S.S. Statistically, more people qualify for medical exemptions than religious exemptions.

wrbtrader

#11     Oct 12, 2021
  2. Ok, how should the seriousness of a virus and pandemic be quantified? What statistical threshold should be used before mandates for the general population are implemented? Should proposals such as the mandates be voted upon by the people effected by them? For that matter, should not major legislation involving civil rights be voted upon by the people, rather than being decided by Congress?

I say Covid-19 is a virus of only moderate impact because of its relatively low CFR of around 2%, presumably declining as Covid becomes less “Novel”. In addition, considering that most people who actually get Covid do not become cases because their symptoms are so minor, suggests the estimated IFR of between .6 to .7% is reasonable. Further, the demographics of those at higher risk are very well defined, making a mandate for the general population unnecessary. Those who are concerned about potential Covid outcomes, regardless of age or health status, currently enjoy widespread access to Covid vaccines.

I only been making Covid related posts lately because of vaccine mandates for the general population will reduce my quality of life through reduced freedoms. I should not be forced to choose between contaminating my body with a vaccine for a moderate risk pathogen or losing some freedoms, including employment opportunities. Injecting foreign proteins into one’s blood stream has short and long term risks, multiplied by each vaccination. For seriously dangerous pathogens, vaccine risks can be justified. For less dangerous pathogens, such as Covid-19, vaccine risks should be carefully weighed against perceived vaccine benefits, especially since Covid-19 vaccine effectiveness fades so quickly, say within six months. Contrast this with vaccines against more genetically “Stable” viruses than can last a decade or so.

I have repeatedly stated the reasons why I am against Covid-19 vaccination mandates for the general population. If you disagree with my position, I would love to read about your detailed reasons why.

#12     Oct 12, 2021
  3. Overnight

Overnight

This is folly, and I cannot believe the smart people of this world are falling for it. I have said it before and will say it again...

Of COURSE antibody-levels will drop as time goes on. That's the way of things. When you get an influenza shot, does the body produce antibodies against that strain for the next 40 fucking years? NO!

When you got the smallpox vaccine, is your body flooding your bloodstream with detectable antibodies for FIFTY FUCKING YEARS!?!? NO!

Don't be a dumb-ass! I am so fucking pissed off at the dumbfiucks who seem to think that lower "detectable antibodies" means less protection.

Why don't they go ahead and get sick with RSV. That will be a new political hockey-puck they will toss into the news media cycle. JnJ says they are already in trials for a vaccine on it! Anyone here paying attention to RSV? No? Well, you should, because it has exactly the same symptoms as COVID.

#13     Oct 12, 2021
  4. The issue here is the rapid mutation of Coronaviruses. One’s immune system may simply not recognize a new variant. Should the body come in contact with the original strain of Covid it was infected with or immunized against, I’m sure considerable protection would remain for years.

There have been over a dozen Covid variants identified with three variant lines producing their own variants. Hate to be a downer, but no matter what we do, Covid will be part of our lives for at least a generation to come. That is 20 to 30 shots in a decade, and that is just for Covid variants. One single mistake involved in the manufacture, distribution, storage, or administration of one of those jabs can result in serious adverse reaction, whereas getting infected with Covid, especially among those who use PPE and other best practices, may not even get infected.

The decision to get vaccinated should be based on reasonably perceived risk to reward, of which, risk can be significantly reduced without the use of vaccines.

#14     Oct 13, 2021
  5. UsualName

UsualName

I don’t know if a religious exemption will ultimately be granted for healthcare workers. Legal decisions have allowed that some classes of workers perform functions that justify certain discriminations. For example, pilots must have perfect vision which supersedes disability discrimination; clergy can be discriminated against if they are not of a certain religion; police and corrections can hire women specifically over men for reasons of searching females suspects and inmates. Healthcare service needs may be seen as superseding anti-discrimination laws - maybe. It will be interesting to see how an aged and right wing leaning Supreme Court deals with this.

#15     Oct 13, 2021
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#16     Oct 13, 2021
  7. AR15

AR15

Why hasnt the flu vaccine ended the flu? youre such a loser bro

#17     Oct 13, 2021
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

What percentage of people are vaccinated for the flu each year. It is under 50%.

Let's increase the vaccination rate to 90% each season and see what happens.

You are aware they are working on a permanent, universal flu vaccine, eh?

Let's take a look at other deadly diseases don't exist in society is because nearly everyone is vaccinated and we have reached herd immunity. This allows protection of everyone across society including the very small number of people where the vaccination does not take or are not vaccinated for some medical reason. The only reason you are protected against these disease is because everyone is protected via vaccination. Otherwise you would be apt to get a breakthrough case of a deadly disease despite being vaccinated. Welcome to how herd immunity works.

Let's take a look at the partial list of deadly diseases you are protected against via large-scale vaccinated herd immunity:
    • Diphtheria
    • Pertussis
    • Polio
    • Measles
    • Mumps
    • Rubella
    • Smallpox
    • and many others

#18     Oct 13, 2021
  9. AR15

AR15

maybe you should get in the gym for once?

just because youre unhealthy and fat (due to your own decisions) healthy people and children dont need to be forced to take something they dont want.

being fat is 100% a choice btw

#19     Oct 13, 2021
  10. kmiklas

kmiklas

This vax mandate is dirty. A real strongarm technique. Get the jab or lose your job. An ugly mandate. To threaten someone's job is borderline blackmail.

I really want this president voted out this coming election.

Get rid of this @sshole.

#20     Oct 13, 2021
    luisHK and Snarkhund like this.