GET THE HELL OUT

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 28, 2008.

1. LOL...I was short at the perfect time, had a huge lead only to hold on and be forced to reverse. I caught the nice rally back up, but being short isn't as easy as you "make it sound".

I will short again. However, we have to make lower lows of the year before I even think about shorting.

This is a knee jerk reaction to "news" that the all of wallstreet knows already.

Volatility is in and we will have swings in both directions.

#41     Feb 29, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Lots of complacency on this thread. I wonder how many of you are fully aware of the extent that the limited trading that is going on in parts of the credit market is going to force a revaluation of stuff that is on the books of many big banks. There will be a new round of large write downs in the next two weeks. Anyone see that UBS came out with a new estimate on writedowns, this is a lot higher than what people have been talking about

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aQFTerb4XMU8&refer=home

Will this have any effect on equities? I can't see how it won't unless the $ crashes to $1.6 in the same time period, but anything can and will happen. So, while I am all for discipline and money management, anyone who blows off the potential for a significant move down here because they think it is all priced in does so at their own risk.

#42     Feb 29, 2008
  3. I wonder what's more complacent. Panicking ("Stop trading, go all in short, no stops needed") over headlines produced by journalists that have never made a single dollar in the markets or forgetting about Bloomberg and CNBC for just a second and just trading long and short like any other day of the year with proper money management?

#43     Feb 29, 2008
  4. That and S&P looks like its going to break down.

#44     Feb 29, 2008
  5. Quick how about some AMBAC news! WSJ is reporting MBIA may receive funding as soon as Monday wink wink

#45     Feb 29, 2008
  6. mokwit

mokwit

QQQQ looks like it's about to complete the second half of a measured move down to 35 (not by 4.30 today though, may take a few weeks).

#46     Feb 29, 2008
  7. mokwit

mokwit

As somone pointed out on SPY board by 3.30 Fed will have cut 300BP and CNBC will run a story that God has hinted he will inject USD 20B each into C, the monolines AIG, EVERYBODY! There is enough to go round for everyone - just think of a financial eqiuvelent of the never ending fish and loaf.

#47     Feb 29, 2008

8. let them Inject, lower rates and intervene, print more money etc.. It's only will pound USD even further..

I'm long on eur/usd big time!

#48     Feb 29, 2008
  9. mokwit

mokwit

Carry trade will be re unwound on increased risk aversion (what were they thinking when they put it on again). Take a look at AUD.

#49     Feb 29, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

did anyone sell the rally at 12600+??

:D :D :D :D

#50     Feb 29, 2008