Get The Hell Out Part V

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 18, 2009.

1. If you're a truly good trader, which I am not, and admit it (and I'd argue that trading is extremely difficult LONG TERM, in terms of producing consistent net profits, much to the chagrin of many here), you're golden, IMO.

We're going to see a lot more chop and pop.

But the trend will be lower on the indexes.

The U.S. has fallen into the time old strategy of 'inflate or die.'

Basically, this strategy is an overt attempt to screw over all creditors, foreign and domestic, as each dollar loaned to the U.S. will be paid back in dollars worth vastly less in real purchasing power.

No one knows if the U.S. can even reflate asset prices, given the death spiral of deflation gripping the globe, no matter how insanely the federal reserve 'expands its balance sheet,' nor no matter how much stimulus the U.S. government ushers forth.

It's all a shot in the dark at this point, and Bernanke is a disaster.

#11     Mar 18, 2009
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Sir

I’m neither a good trader, nor a bad trader – just a trader

I neither know where the market is headed nor care why – I just ride along

I don’t try to justify it as it is not my job

Personally I love the moves it’s been making - and hope they continue forever

I just don’t understand the hype – Either folks are saying it’s headed to the moon, or dropping and the world in coming to an end – I don’t get it

Only going long is a mugs game

I have 3 buttons on my platform – Buy, Sell , Short – and I use them all with equal impunity and absolutely no hesitation

No offense meant Sir – just trying to understand – I’m only a dumbass redneck

Take Care

#12     Mar 18, 2009
  3. Every time you call me 'sir,' I turn around to see if my father is in the room.

I guess that I'm concerned more about the overall soundness and fiscal health of the United States in macro terms, even though I am of the definitive opinion that the federal reserve is acting quite recklessly given the structural changes we're experiencing to the underlying economy in this country, and that this recklessness will adversely and severely impact U.S. equity markets sooner rather than later.

So, if one were only concerned with their own relative position, they wouldn't be as alarmed by the events of today as some of us are.

#13     Mar 18, 2009
  4. Redneck

Redneck

Fair enough

This weekend I can share my opinions – however throughout the week I must remain opinion-less

But I can think of no better reason to learn to trade, and become financially independent, than what you’ve just stated here Sir

Redneck

eta - nothing really alarms me anymore, hell the house could be burning down and I doubt I would even notice

#14     Mar 18, 2009
  5. More likely though, is that company losses will be inflated! haha

#15     Mar 19, 2009
  6. A viable trading strategy, Sir.:)

#16     Mar 19, 2009
  7. sumosam

sumosam

the market is trading on technicals....not fundamentals. so, although i agree with your argument, we are headed much much higher (not ruling out a timely drop directly ahead, first). then, yes, ultimately we go much lower

#17     Mar 19, 2009
  8. kandlekid

kandlekid

Yea, if you haven't gotten out by now ... why would you want to ?

Wasn't the OP BuyLoSellHi ? Make that BuyLoSellLower :)

#18     Mar 19, 2009
  9. FedEx reported and confirmed that we're experiencing deteriorating fundamental economic conditions.

Fundamentals will be reflected in a less laggy manner and it's naive to believe earnings expectations aren't still far too high.

#19     Mar 19, 2009
  10. While agreeing with you in principle, BLSH, you have to be honest. FedEx also said `WE PROBABLY HAVE HIT THE BOTTOM'.

#20     Mar 19, 2009