Get The Hell Out - Part IV (A Global, Nowhere To Hide, Equity Market Crash)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Now the Gov't is going to pick up the spending that the consumer has stopped by printing money and running massive deficits.

#41     Feb 12, 2009
  2. Stay long and stay wrong.

#42     Feb 12, 2009
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Down 17-25% is a wimpy call. Try down 50% by Dec 09.

#43     Feb 12, 2009
  4. Mvic

Mvic

5. All I want to say is that none of you people know what you're talking about and/or where the market is headed. First off you're supposed to be traders so just stick with the trend. Second most of the guessing games played on here are horseshit, and what is with all the pathetic negativity all the time on here. It's like the depressives forum.

You guys like to throw shit at the wall and see if it sticks. If you're right you think all of a sudden you're a super analyst, if you're wrong, who cares you're only on ET talking all this nonsense anyway. OOMMMMGGGGG THE WORLD IS OVER, DOW IS GOING TO 17 SELL OR LOSE YOUR PANTS. You guys are pathetic.

#45     Feb 14, 2009
  6. People make predictions about markets because it's fun and ego boosting when it turns out true or even somewhat true.

I have beliefs about where various markets are headed and thoughts about economics and financial reasons where x, y and z markets might be headed.

I trade exactly ZERO of those thoughts and ideas. It's all bullshit and hype and my ideas and rationalizations have absolutely nothing to do with where the market is going in 1 minute, 6 months or 20 years.

I trend ride and catch chunks (hopefully large chunks but often small chunks) of the meaty bits where price is going my way... until it no longer goes my way which is when I exit.

I have no clue where a market will be x bars from my entry and when the current trends will end when I enter trades and that's the only reason I have made money in the markets over the last 15 years... complete disassociation of my ego with the reality of the chart action of the markets I'm trading.

My trading is as dumb, boring and repetitive as pounding on a drum over and over again to the same beat every day, every week and every year. Fortunately I get paid by the markets for playing that tune and that's all that counts.

#46     Feb 14, 2009
  7. spinn

spinn

excellent post...one of the best I have seen on ET

#47     Feb 14, 2009
  8. I dare you to write the call option with that assumption. j/k. :)

#48     Feb 14, 2009
  9. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

for professionals who only daytrade and swingtrade for living, only thing that matters is if there is a market to trade.

recessions etc don't matter.

#49     Feb 14, 2009
  10. I have a bad feeling, supported by what I am reading just tonight, that this call will be vindicated this week.

This week is likely to be the post-St. Valentine's Day massacre.

Closed markets on Monday in the U.S. will ironically exacerbate the bloodletting.

#50     Feb 16, 2009