Get The Hell Out: Part II

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Do you know how asanine that sounds? "The Fed doesn't care about the economy, they only care about their friends from the investment banks"? That is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard anybody say.

The last time I checked, the sucess of the investment banks depends on the economy. They are all intertwined. Only in a fantasy world can you separate them into their own little distinct non-correlated entities.

You sound like those conspiracists that also believe the only reason we went into Iraq is for oil.

Of freakn' course the Fed cares about the economy. Their jobs depend on how well they do. Their place in history depends on how well they are perceived to have done. They aren't out bailing out organizations because they are "buddy, buddy" with them. They are doing it because they perceive the failure to act as a greater risk than acting.

#51     Jun 7, 2008
  2. I guess it was bank CEOs standing in the lineups at Northern Rock? Or was it middle class people scared to lose their deposits?

[​IMG]

#52     Jun 7, 2008
  3. Mvic

Mvic

#53     Jun 7, 2008
  4. #54     Jun 8, 2008
  5. I am not trying to predict anything but my actions based on my perceptions of what's happening.

Someone on ET once told me to react, and not try to predict.

I am reacting to the latest data, and what I believe is likely to be the coming data, while admitting I have no way of knowing what the coming data will illustrate; only a hypothesis based mainly on what I perceive to be a well-entrenched economic trend.

By the way, we are now at lower levels than when I made that earlier observation (in the first thread).

And the thread title should really read 'Get Me The Hell Out - Part II,' because it does seem predictive and preachy without that qualifier.

#55     Jun 8, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

Once a Crash hits that 5 year chart will look like a joke to you and it will be too fast and to furious for you to do anything but sit and watch your $$$ go down the toilet.

After 07 and 87 people where actually committing suicide (including friends of mine).

Crashes are called TRAGIC for a reason.

If you have never seen one live (especially when you have $$$ in the markets) nothing will prepare you for it.

Your silly little P & F chart will will not save you, but then again your a friggin expert because you've been profitable what? ... 7 whole months now.

sorry but this is exactly what this article is talking about, fools like you

Have you ever heard the saying a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. :cool:

#56     Jun 8, 2008
  7. mokwit

mokwit

The market tanking could adversely affect LEH's recap so I imagine the Fed will be along with a rate cut if that happens.

#57     Jun 8, 2008
  8. Get off your high horse. A little knowledge may be a dangerous thing, but thinking your experience makes you better is worse.

Have you ever heard that experience is only good up to a point?

Let's see, so based on your theory, someone who has traded since 1982 is better than someone who started trading in 1987, 1997, or 2002? That would also mean Jack Hershey is a better communicator than you because he has been writing longer. It would also have to mean that everyone develops skills equally in terms of time. I think not.

Experience is meaningless unless you can continue to grow and nurture that experience, which you obviously have not been able to do.

For someone who supposedly has traded for 26 years, I wonder why you are going through the trouble of finding someone to pick stocks for you? You even follow it up by making the newbie mistake of giving the scam artists your credit card. Looks to me like all that experience hasn't really paid off for you. And you have the balls to call me a fool? LMAO

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1933939#post1933939

#58     Jun 8, 2008
  9. Does anyone know what happened the last time BNB said the market was going to crash? (Hint: It didn't)
    I think Makloda and a few others are the only ones on this thread who realize that trading the news and emotion won't get you very far.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kpwR9PuA0E&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kpwR9PuA0E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"The markets been going up and down a lot lately"

#59     Jun 8, 2008
  10. i bet joab is just some coleg kid tryign to act all big and he prolly doesnt even paper trade he just sits on ET in search of a holygrail lmao

#60     Jun 8, 2008