Get rid of car unions - then we'll talk

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RisingTide, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ammo

ammo

What about the UAW? I would humbly suggest that they pool their cash, and create their own automaker. That way, they could double the pay of all their workers, make perfect decisions 100% of the time, AND make zillions of dollars of profits. Not sure why they haven't already started one, maybe George Soros could loan them the money.

Good luck with that. [/B][/QUOTE]maybe if gm and ford go under ,they could, do u think ben and hank might loan em a few trillion?

#21     Nov 25, 2008
  2. EricP

EricP

I sure hope not. Sadly, it's getting harder and harder to tell the difference between the U.S. and Venezuala.

#22     Nov 25, 2008
  3. I read a comment by someone who works for Audi/Porsche/VW in Germany. He has a good wage, started with 4 weeks vacation, now 8 weeks. Owns a nice home and supports 3 kids. Germany has a very high income tax rate. The company is making money, workers doing well, why can't we do that? It can't be just the unions, obviously.

c

#23     Nov 25, 2008
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

I agree. Both the UAW and US auto management bear some blame but the bulk of it falls on top management. As others have pointed out, the workers didn't decide to make crap products and ignore basic consumer needs. BTW the UAW has made some real concessions for new workers coming in, who won't have it nearly as good as older workers had it. Have the CEOs agreed to a similar pay cut? Don't make me laugh.

#24     Nov 25, 2008
  5. Well, Lee Iaccoca worked for $1.00 per year.

c

#25     Nov 25, 2008
  6. the worker needs a 'voice'. otherwise, the corp will pillage them.

anyone that says get rid of unions is either very foolish, very selfish, very uninformed to history o very naive.

or all four. which is very likely. :D

#26     Nov 25, 2008
  7. Agreed.

However, UAW members do need to take a $25-30/hr pay cut if they want their companies to survive.

Private jets and fancy offices should be liquidated as well.

#27     Nov 25, 2008

8. whoa

what will they make then after a 25$/hour haircut :eek:

#28     Nov 25, 2008
  9. $48/hr (total package w/benefits)

#29     Nov 25, 2008
  10. 48$ sounds about right

afterall it's not skilled labor :D

#30     Nov 25, 2008