GET RICH QUICK BABY! Need your criticism...

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by BillySimas, May 25, 2005.

1. just21

just21

You should take my advice, you could make 32,000 ticks in 10 seconds.

#11     May 25, 2005
  2. sell september futures and sell 117 puts against it
    so you can have like 60 of those sucksers if the interest stays put
    100K in your pocket.

#12     May 25, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

Take the money have now and run to europe. The mafiosa will have problems finding you there and you can forget about the money you owe them.

:p

ozzy

#13     May 25, 2005
  4. forex5x

forex5x

Part of the problem you have is using too much of your margin. But since this is hypothetical and not totally based in reality...lets try this.

What we know:

Account size it $60,000
    max initial positions is 30
    takes $2k to add a position

What we will assume:
    the value of the trade only goes our way.

Method:
    place the max number of trades (30)
    At the point where you account reaches $62k add another position, and repeat for each 2k advance in your account size.

In this way you are increasing your exposure which is the whole idea.

At the point where you are at $100k you will have 50 positions.....at $200k you will have 100 positions....

The net effect is to crank up the rate of gain as the account size increases.

This is not a sound investment idea unless you do it and get away with it...then you are a genius.

You are at risk for any pull back to blow out your margin requirements which takes all your trades off the table at the current level.

I hope this is getting closer to what you want.

#14     May 25, 2005
  5. Just max out your account on any trade, doesn't matter why or when just get in long or short, doesn't matter and hold it until you have a margin call or you get rich.

Let the Jungle handle it for you.

John

#15     May 25, 2005
  6. I guess the sole reason for my post is that I watch the t-bond everyday, and there are definitely maybe a few moments each month where there is an opportunity to get in a particular trade and the odds of it working it out are probably 99% or so. Yes, I'm familiar with all the trading maxims (don't put all yout eggs on one basket, only risk a certain amount on each trade, anything can happen, bla bla) but this is scalping, and seriously I make a living doing this, sometimes I'm sitting there and I just wish I could put on a 1000 lot at that particular moment when I see everything and I know I'm right. I feel absolutely disgusted when I'm sitting there making a couple ticks on a 30 lot when I can be making 100 times that.

#16     May 25, 2005
  7. IB's intraday margin is $844. This means you can trade 71 contracts intraday. You said you just want to trade for a "few ticks", so intraday ought to be more than sufficient. Overnight margin is $1688. By the way, you could trade 108 of the 10-year intraday.

OldTrader

#17     May 25, 2005
  8. This is something I used to do often. It was really exciting.

So, let me get this straight? Is this going to be a scalp or a killer position trade?

#18     May 25, 2005

9. I guess maybe I'm doing something wrong then as far as my margin goes. Hey OldTrader, do I need to declare myself an intraday trader to be able to trade that many contracts? Because as it stands right now, I think I can only trade 30 lots. 71 would be great.

Ripley, I'm curious to hear how you did. This would purely be a scalp for a few ticks, and I wouldn't take ANY heat on it at all. I seem to be good at fading huge moves...i.e. buying a huge sell-off when it back ticks. I bought 08 today in the bond if you were watching and held it for 6 ticks. That was the bottom more or less.

#19     May 25, 2005

10. I tried the maximum contracts I could try on a position trade and not on a scalp. The mistake I think I used to make was that I would take on a huge position, and then add onto it as it got profitable. Thus, I wasn't being careful with my entries once the position was profitable because the thought that the position is profitable kind of made me careless in adding more. I also didn't have a good position sizing, because sometimes I added more than the initial position which could really turn out pretty bad.

So, what I would do is, for an intraday swring trade would be, put in half your account on a 100% trade. And only add the remaining 25% of the account value once the position is profitable and looks like there is more room to go. And if it gets back your break even point, get the hell out and try again.

#20     May 25, 2005