Get Rich in Commodities Superboom, thanx environmentalists

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nattybumppo, Feb 20, 2021.

1. 1. Info should be judged on its merits whenever that is feasible. In this case, it should be very easy to find disconfirming data if the factual claims in question are not correct--such as no viable fusion devices that can utilize helium3, even if we could get it back from the moon in quantity at a commercially viable cost. Surely you do not intend to contest this reality???

2. I also included a link on the same question to "Do the Math," a site run by a very reputable, mainstream physicist at a respected university.

#51     Feb 22, 2021
  2. You asked me a question and then never even gave me a chance to answer lol. Pure emotion.

#52     Feb 22, 2021
  3. I posted some of the numbers here and I posted the PDF go back and read my post! I know that. Typical penetration is 40%

#53     Feb 22, 2021
  4. What do you have to say about that? I know how to fuckin read and I understand this just as well as you do. This ISN"T brain surgery so don't make it sound like it is.
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/attachments/screenshot_20210220-081215-png.252609/

Wind was GARBAGE worst day I saw was 3,500 @ peak and demand was 66,000.

40% penetration to 8% penetration. They were running at 90% of capacity (never see 100%, although you implied I thought that.... which I didn't....)

#54     Feb 22, 2021
  5. I gave you the ERCOT numbers for wind. Now read them.

#55     Feb 22, 2021
  6. file:///C:/Users/notamac0/Downloads/rpt.00013105.0000000000000000.20210216.080652556.Wind%20Integration%20Report%2002-15-21.pdf

Wind was a gamble. It worked good when it worked. But when it didn't work they blamed fossil fuels.......Idiots. Wind capability was 30,000MW it puked out about 3,500 at it's worst time (down from ~13,000 to 14,000). Demand soared and had they kept more reliable sources of energy this catastrophe wouldn't have happened.

#57     Feb 22, 2021
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Guys, who cares? We saved the spotted owl and stopped global warming by sacrificing a few dozen humans. Quit yer bitchin'!

All it took was a deep-freeze for it to happen.

Now watch how many spotted owls you will see this spring, and how it will help the earth survive our tragic treatment of the atmosphere! Spotted-owls = JOBS JOBS JOBS!

#58     Feb 22, 2021
  8. Sig

Sig

No, you didn't. You grabbed some random numbers you can't even provide a link to which you don't even begin to comprehend and dumped them out to "prove"...well we can't even tell what you're trying to prove from what you are spewing. Apparently "renewable energy bad because Fox opinion host said so".

Tell me this, what capacity does ERCOT use to calculate their capacity reserve margin for a nameplate GW of wind energy. I'll happily wait while you go learn what the capacity reserve margin is, then what a capacity factor is, then look at the data to determine what the average capacity factor used by ERCOT was for this period. Then we can talk about why a capacity reserve margin is inferior to a capacity market like other ISOs use, but of course you'll need to learn what capacity markets are as well.

Answer the very basic questions I've asked younow twice and you've been unable to answer and you can participate in an intelligent conversation on the matter. Until then every time you reply you simply emphasize both your own ignorance on this subject and your stunning lack of self awareness of that ignorance.

#59     Feb 22, 2021
  9. Sig

Sig

Not trying to pick a fight but curious why you're so strongly anti-environment when everything else you say seems very moderate, reasoned, and we'll thought out?

#60     Feb 22, 2021