Get Ready Guys: All Signs Point To Civil Unrest

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 31, 2009.

1. ehmoran

ehmoran

Remember 1776, the Alamo, 1861-1865, the 1960's?

Americans are still Rugged Individualists and won't and don't put up with too much BS, especially from the Far Left, although that was the 60's movement.

You can push us, even insult us, but when the limit is reached, WORLD beware!

Our Government knows it, that's why they want the GUNS. But you can go to Costco and buy enough materials to make an incredible explosion. Some Politicians, if not too arrogant, but not much hope in that, KNOW this.

#51     Feb 1, 2009
  2. lrm21

lrm21

Spending time researching at Costco are we?

Better hope ATF isn't reading this thread, or we better hope they are.

#52     Feb 1, 2009
  3. ehmoran

ehmoran

Only stating the REALITY.

You know it, I know it, and they know it. No big secret.

Have no desire for this kind of reaction, but many do!!!!

They know me and I know them. The local police know me and respect what I've done for my neighborhood. Just wished more people would pull their heads out of the sand, speak up, help others, and not be so self absorbed.

SO, where's the NEXT trade????

#53     Feb 1, 2009
  4. here isn't the slightest signs of civil unrest

#54     Feb 1, 2009
  5. But you can go to Costco and buy enough materials to make an incredible explosion.
    -----------------

I know how to make a night light with Mountain Dew.:cool:

#55     Feb 1, 2009
  6. Things are getting much worse, and now the average schmuck knows the truth, and the jig is definitely up.

I see the possibility of things now I never would have thought even remotely possible even when I was at my most bearish just a year ago.

There is no stopping this landslide. It's too all encompassing, and it is hammering psychology like nothing else I've ever experienced.

#56     Feb 2, 2009
  7. DrAtomic

DrAtomic

Oh the sky is falling the sky is falling. Things will turn when homes prices reach a bottom simple as that.

#57     Feb 2, 2009
  8. So 2 more years and another 25%+ lower?

:)

#58     Feb 2, 2009
  9. capmac

capmac

Global financial crisis sparks unrest

02 Feb 2009 12:17:59 GMT
    Source: Reuters

Feb 2 (Reuters) - Here are some details of protests and developments as a result of the global financial crisis:

* FRANCE

-- Hundreds of thousands of strikers marched in French cities on Thursday to demand pay rises and job protection. Some protesters clashed with police, but no major violence was reported.

-- The one-day strike failed to paralyse the country and support from private sector workers appeared limited. Labour leaders hailed the action, which marked the first time France's eight union federations had joined forces against the government since President Nicolas Sarkozy took office in 2007.

* RUSSIA

-- Thousands of opposition supporters rallied in Moscow and the far east port of Vladivostok on Saturday in a national day of protests over hardships caused by the financial crisis. On Sunday hundreds of demonstrators in Moscow called for Russia's leaders to resign.

-- Street rallies were held in almost every major city over the weekend. The pro-Kremlin United Russia party also drew thousands to rallies in support of government anti-crisis measures.

-- About 100 protesters were arrested in Vladivostok last month during protests against hikes in second hand car import duties aimed at protecting jobs in the domestic car industry.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L1472255.htm

#59     Feb 2, 2009
  10. Mvic

Mvic

With all the bailouts, ridiculous mortgage mods ($1M for $900 a month on a $800K property at WaMU), foreclosure moratoriums etc it may be years before that happens, in the meantime there will be little economic activity (economic activity by definition occurs at points of price equilibrium) so the economy will languish in the meantime and earnings will continue to drop.

#60     Feb 2, 2009