Get ready for your electric/gas bill to double

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

How big of a "unit" are you talking about?
    (I mean there's a difference between a squad and a company)

I understand and am even somewhat sympathetic to the extensions. My son, who was in Iraq for the initial invasion, told me of units who were at the ramp waiting on transportation home. Then at the last minute being told to go back. The trip home literally pulled right out from under them. IMO that is extremely poor planning on the military's part, and is inexcusable.

#71     Jun 29, 2009
  2. A company. 4 platoons. 256 men and women.

At first, it was going to kick ass. Then it was, where are the WMDs?

Then it was wondering when a roadside bomb was gonna getcha. And let me tell u, more were afraid of getting wounded than killed.

No, Bush was not a favorite topic at the end. He's the boss, but he seemed to b using troops for his own personal war. A blood feud. Nobody in the military signs up to die for a grudge!

I can count on one hand the number of people who reupped when their time came around.

Bush almost crushed morale:mad:

#72     Jun 29, 2009
  3. dcvtss

dcvtss

Okay maybe that explains it most of the people I know are officers or REMF's. I can see how those directly in harm's way, on multiple tours with minuscule leave, and a seemingly endless mission with a shadowy enemy and dubious rules of engagement would vote for someone they think will not represent the status quo.

#73     Jun 29, 2009
  4. At one particular base in a branch of the service where no women ur trained, they tell u that there is no such thing as in the rear with the gear. They also tell u that the enemy will not follow the rules of engagement, so don't get caught.

The problem is don't pull a bait and switch, for no good reason.

Don't tell kids that the maximum deployment for a reservist is 180 days b4 rotating out. When ur government starts lying to u, things can go to hell in a handbasket quick.

I was an NCO, so I worked for a living, and if ur gonna die, don't let it b for BS, that is all the average soldier will ask.

#74     Jun 29, 2009
  5. piezoe

piezoe

I was really just bitching about what a god awful month of June we have had in the Deep South. Why in hell do our Southern city governments allow developers to pave over every last fricken square inch of land surface, with black asphalt? And not a tree in sight! Then because they've raised the ambient temperature a good 10 degrees with this stupidity everyone is running their air conditioners full blast pumping all that heat from inside to outside. And the more they pave they more they pump. It creates a living hell. The least that could be done is to ban black pavement and black roofing below a certain latitude and require that all parking lots be tree covered.

Actually, 100 years ago this was a pine forest covered with gigantic native trees. And trust me, the temperature was lower. Even today, you can feel the temperature drop dramatically when you leave the city for the countryside, where thankfully much is still forested.

#75     Jun 30, 2009