Get ready for your electric/gas bill to double

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Well, that's true, the Great Society liberal agendas of the mid 1960's ushered in a massive bear. Same with the New Deal liberal agenda of the 1930's. Both of these are pretty much still intact, and place solid upper boundries on how high equities can go. They aslo provide the springboard for newer financial calamaties, such as what Community Reinvestment Act did to the FNMA and Freddie Mac, and eventually to the entire banking system.

Thanks for adding clarity.

#51     Jun 29, 2009
  2. dont they teach history in school anymore? actually it was the guns and butter war spending policies of lbj during the vietnam war combined with an oil shock that caused the 70s bear. lets see who else tried that recently? he was from texas too. that would be george bush.

#52     Jun 29, 2009
  3. The stupid main stream media pull a cheap trick when they demonize individual persons. It is a bad habit to fall for the trick.

The only way to view this historic events is in the context of idiologies. You know, we don't live in a monarchy, yet.

#53     Jun 29, 2009
  4. pspr

pspr

Republicans have plenty of alternatives. The problem is that the liberal press has its thumb up its ass while it kisses Obama. The first alternative is to stop this rediculous global warming bill that has been quoted as a "piece of shit" by the Republican House Leader.

I still think we should let them pass this bull shit and then suffer the consequences when Congress swings back Republican in 2010 and Obama gets impeached for his traitorous foreign policy.

Just like the $100bil Obama and the Democrats gave to the IMF this is one of the biggest hidden scams in American Congressional history.

http://conservativeinmuskegon.blogspot.com/2009/06/real-republican-alternative.html

#54     Jun 29, 2009
  5. you are delusional if you think the republicans have any chance of taking back congress in 2010. they will be lucky if they dont lose more seats. but you just keep hoping. let us know how it works out for you.

#55     Jun 29, 2009
  6. Only way the Republicans take back the legislature will be to promise even more Social free candy than the Democrats.... if so, then what's the point?

History will likely regard the Obama adminstration as the point where American went "Full Commie".... after which the name of the party at the wheel won't mean anything.

#56     Jun 29, 2009
  7. pspr

pspr

If you think the people who voted for Obama won't notice their health care premiums being taxed or their energy prices doubling, you are the one sadly mistaken and delusional.

I also predect we will need to go back into Iraq after Al Queda moves back in when we leave. That will expose Obozo for the moron that he is.

#57     Jun 29, 2009
  8. jd7419

jd7419

Even if the people realize costs of health/energy care are going up they will not blame Obama. It is Bush's fault and it will always be his fault.

#58     Jun 29, 2009
  9. Aboushi

Aboushi

You are an obvious republican that watch FOXnews, and talk about how Obama ruined this country and we need to kill them Arabs….

Well u ass, I just came back from Iraq. The shit I had to see while I was at war can not be described in no way or form. So don’t tell me that you would rather have a military superiority in the world when you were never stationed overseas cause of a dumb president that attacked a country that did nothing to us, and almost got me killed twice. I was a republican cause my parents were republicans, I never paid any attention to the news until they sent my ass over. I then opened up my eyes, started voting democratic, and began a new life. I just hope that your children would never have to see what I had to see.

#59     Jun 29, 2009
  10. pspr

pspr

Funny, I thought we had a VOLUNTEER army. Which side were you on? Or maybe a judge offered you the choice of jail time or military time for some crime you committed?

Oh, by the way, it will be Obama who attacks Iran. Or maybe the idiot will surprise us and attack Israel instead.

#60     Jun 29, 2009