Get ready for your electric/gas bill to double

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Neither global warming or military expansionary policies can be supported over the forseeable future.

#41     Jun 29, 2009
  2. actually the opposition (republicans)destroyed themselves through incompetence,hypocrisy,corruption,warmongering and the politics of religion. they still havent figured it out. they are leaning further right every election.
    we do need checks and balances of the two party system to keep each side from over reaching when in power but the republicans propose no new ideas. they have been reduced to being the party of no.

#42     Jun 29, 2009
  3. I'd rather have no new ideas, rather than obama's ideas, like this one. On our present 6 month glide path with obama, our economy will be devasted in just a few years. And keep in mind that most major wars have financial issues at their core. Oh, yes, "the One" has many more calamities in store for us.

The little frogs sit happily in the water coming to a boil.

#43     Jun 29, 2009
  4. You should apply for the Fantasy Island Czar under Obama.

#44     Jun 29, 2009
  5. devastation? what do you call what the economy went through in 2008?seems like republicans were in charge then.

#45     Jun 29, 2009
  6. Since when has a president or governing party ever been truly accountable for rapid economic upswings or downswings?

If we want to lay blame for 2008, it would be more appropriate to look at the Democratic Congress (Fannie/Freddie), the Federal Reserve's policies of low interest rates, illiterate American populace and shady Wall Street securitization and derivatives firms.

Anyways, I generally lean democrat myself, but when the nation is heading face-first toward bankruptcy and financial ruin, I know that what is needed is tightened spending and lower taxes as well as regulation to ensure there is less swindling done by the Bernie Madoff's of the world.

#46     Jun 29, 2009
  7. spinn

spinn

The economy tanked shortly after Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid took over.

Who gets credit for the rising economy of 2002-2008?

#47     Jun 29, 2009
  8. GreenScam & Bernekki.... money-pump, No Doc, phony balony..

#48     Jun 29, 2009
  9. Yes, the stock market topped out late summer of 2007. This was about 6 months after Reid and Pelosi took over. Furthermore, in June of 2008, the S&P was 1400. That is when obama won the last of the democratic primaries. Seven months later, when he was sworn in, the market was 50% lower.

People who invest in stocks read the news too.

#49     Jun 29, 2009
  10. it doesnt take much market savy to understand that the excesses that brought the market down were put into place in the years before the crash happened. are you wet behind the ears?

#50     Jun 29, 2009