Get ready for your electric/gas bill to double

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 28, 2009.

1. There has been fewer than 5 days of sunshine here in New England during the month of June. Who can I blame for that?
    Maybe it was all that Aqua Net hairspray I used back in the 80's?

#21     Jun 29, 2009
  2. achilles28

achilles28

^^

All I know is the border has been left WIDE OPEN since 911.

Everyone saw 911. Everyone knows Al Queda is awash in oil money. Everyone knows WMD's and broke scientists are floating around Russia and its former Republics.

The highest levels of the American Government - especially the Executive, CIA, NSA, Military, DHS and perhaps FBI - are courting disaster, with full premeditation, by refusing to close the Border.

There's no other explanation.

And its obvious : crisis centralizes power. It also legitimizes massive Corporate welfare to the same companies that get our Congress, Senators and Executives elected - Defense (War), Oil (Plunder/Panic), Bankers (Debt).

#22     Jun 29, 2009
  3. Nattdog

Nattdog

"Do you think that power could translate into some serious "campaign" contributions? "

Of course! That is a primary intent: All who desire to product must grovel and beg before their political masters.

The wealth transfer will be away from those industries that are actually responsible for producing our high standard of living, and towards the parasitic elite such as GS and the army of bureaucrats, and lawyers who will implement these laws and assure compliance.

The change from "global warming" to "climate change" as the bogyman was significant yet inevitable.

#23     Jun 29, 2009
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

I don't think the masses really want carbon taxes (= big price increases in energy and anything related to energy). But most sheople are too dumb, too uninformed or too worried about Michael Jackson to know what's going on. I saw several people wearing those hideous-looking Obama t-shirts at the mall this weekend. I bet none of them could even tell you if the current bill is officially called "cap-and-trade" or "tax-and-fraud."

#24     Jun 29, 2009
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

Where do you live? Arizona? Saudi Arabia? I mean that's a completely random, meaningless data point if I ever heard one.

Ask the folks in N. Dakota, who had snow earlier this month and the 6th coldest winter on record this year, how real global warming is.

#25     Jun 29, 2009
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

Wow, another idiot post that completely misses the point. What about the "no tax on anyone making less than $250K per year" stuff? What about Obama/Pelosi's promised gov't transparency that never came to pass? Why couldn't the Republicans see a final copy of this bill when they asked..and what about that pesky amendment?

Shut up already about Enron. That's about as relevant as Whitewater and Trooper Gate right now.

#26     Jun 29, 2009
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

#27     Jun 29, 2009
  8. Can you? Cause the details are not out yet, nor is the mechanism set up.

#28     Jun 29, 2009
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

True, but I'll stick with the latter. I know who is pushing this. ;-)

#29     Jun 29, 2009
  10. Obama ran on the platform that it is going to be cap & trade, so you do not even have to know that Wall Street is behind it. Carbon tax would never get through, this was known years ago.

There are already cap & trade programs established in the US, the costs of which are reflected on your utility bills, if you live in the affected state. The price difference is a few percent, not double.

You know what is going to impact your electric bill 10 times more? All the infrastructure upgrades the utilities are doing in the middle of USA.

#30     Jun 29, 2009