Get ready for new ES highs

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Bakinec, Aug 21, 2009.

1. It wouldnt have been 10 pts, unless you bought BEFORE the news or had a buy stop in BEFORE the news. Anything done after the news would have resulted in basically the same fill that you got so don't sweat it. :)

Yes I trade ES, and no I do not trade before 10 am numbers. That's just my approach.

#11     Aug 21, 2009
  2. Bakinec

Bakinec

Yeah I thought of that also.

But if I had a buy stop jsut at 1015.50, I would've gotten in at 3.5 points earlier.

:)

#12     Aug 21, 2009
  3. Bakinec

Bakinec

I assume you mean before an economic release? Like 8:30 AM, 10AM etc...

I also do that.

But I got tempted tonight to trade overnight after seeing the 5+ moves there on nights before, and I lost 700 bucks. I'm not touching it again.

#13     Aug 21, 2009
  4. Yes, but you were also taking a major risk doing that, you would have gotten filled before the number, and the market could have instantly tanked against you. Its all a matter of risk appetite when playing around these major mkt moving numbers.

#14     Aug 21, 2009
  5. Bakinec

Bakinec

I figured that if it hit anything above 15.5, it would prolly mean the news is out and positive. But you're right. It could've been a fake-out too. Gotta be careful!

#15     Aug 21, 2009
  6. I'm glad it worked out for you :)

#16     Aug 21, 2009
  7. Bakinec

Bakinec

Thanks man!!! How about you? Hope you caught a ten bagger there :D

Gotta go get a smoke on on the balcony. Be right back)))

#17     Aug 21, 2009
  8. you're a little late, but welcome to the fold.

Quote from stock777:
    05-18-09 02:46 PM
    As long as we have sites like Zero Hedge claiming the end of the world already happened, I'm bullish,

#18     Aug 21, 2009
  9. Bakinec

Bakinec

I think it's not humanly possible to wait for a correction for as long as I did and still be a bear :D

Maybe it's just that my options now expired worthless, and I can view the market with a clear head :confused: :p

#19     Aug 21, 2009