Get Ready for Massive Deflation Spiral

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DT-waw, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Deflation will be good for my Business.

It will be good for Consumer who is making money and working.

Things will be cheaper, et all.

Those who are poor and on the verge of loosing their jobs..It will be Hell.

But 80% of Americans are working and that will be good for the over all economy, far better than INFLATION.

#11     Aug 6, 2011
  2. in the middle east, asia, africa there are so many people who have no skills, no wealth, nothing.
    --------------------

Your wrong. Your statement is not valid and you have no idea what you are talking about.

There are some parts, where many people have no skills. However, loose your ignorance and understand something, USA has outsourced everything and we are sending it to Africa, Middle East as well. There economies have grown 10fold over ours as their unemployment rates are far lower than ours as well. Of course, factor in the cost of doing business...and that is 90% of the reason. The standard living in those countries are rising faster than you can pretend you know something about the Global Business world.

I deal on a Global Scale. I have clients from all over the world who own companies, Private Companies, Manufactures, Call centers, Freight Forwarding Companies, shipping Lines, Ports, Construction and Mine Equipment.

That is the problem with our country...90% of you are fucking retards and ignorant. You have no clue about what you speak of and you can not, as individuals, compete in a Global Economy. 90% of you, with such a brain dead mindset are 1 step away from being laid off, never being abel to find work again.

The 3rd world countries, including Indonesia and Papa New Guinea are thriving and their population is becoming more "Educated" on basic work skills.

So, keep that little brain of yours on Ice and pretend that you understand what your talking about. Keep listening to the MEDIA over here, spin and hype about our SUPER POWER.

I am a Capitalist, I play in the Real World of GLOBAL BUSINESS. I once did love the very country I'm in, America. Now, I just love the state I'm in. Fuck the rest of you idiots. Because you are being left behind faster than a used rubber at a whore house.

#12     Aug 6, 2011
  3. And I'll counter the above argument that much of what you have mentioned is either rear view mirror or the state of events in this current completely unsustainable system of finance/governance.

Many, many people seem to overlook the boost in earnings that central banks flooding the system with liquidity adds to these earnings and the misallocation of resources. If you think that the past five-ten years is indicative of what is to come in the next five-ten years, then I would agree with this worldview. Otherwise, I firmly believe that we are right in the mix of where we were at just four short years ago (Except this time, the central banks have already fired all of their ammo).

#13     Aug 6, 2011
  4. Whats sad is that you are so right. As americans its easy for us to sit in our big fancy house on the top of the hill and look down at the peasants and laugh at how stupid they are to work for 5 dollars per day, but in reality, its our people that are stupid. For instance...look at a TV show like survivor. They put a bunch of healthy people in a place where there is no walmart, no Ihop, no mcdonalds and those people pretty much starve for the duration of the show. And these americans are not in the desert where there isnt any food. They are in tropical climates where there is tons of food, but they just lay around complainging and waiting to win the next challenge so someone will bring them a bag of rice, or whatever else. Its really a joke.

If grocery stores ever ran out of food, I think 90% of americans would just sit in front of the grocery stores waiting for the food to arrive and have no idea where to look for food.

#14     Aug 6, 2011
  5. trendy

trendy

You are a complete, economic, idiot. If deflation hits this country, millions more people are going to be out of work. Why? Because consumers, for example, are not going to buy goods because they are going to be cheaper next month and the month after that, and so on. So, if the consumer is forestalling making discretionary purchases, retailers won't need salespeople, manufacturers won't need laborers, distributors won't be ordering goods, and so on. Investors/risk takers are going to sit on the sidelines. Where do you think the roots of the Great Depression came from? Why do you think Bernanke is so dead set against allowing deflation to get a toehold in this country.

#15     Aug 6, 2011
  6. sounds about right. i think we going for 5 years recession. Guys at the top have the data and put in enough stimulus not to spiral to depression with all the consequences. Seem they have finished stimulating now.

#16     Aug 6, 2011
  7. price of milk is only 2.35/gall. not much increase. was 1.99 last year..

OTHER THan GAs, price of most food /households items is same or has dropped.. my friend bought a 60 inch LG plasma 1080p tv at Frys. texas for 900$.

I do agree with this article.. the BUYING power is decimated . hence there is DEFLATION. .no matter how much u print, buyers are not coming in the hordes like they used.to

RESTURANTS are giving discounts after discounts.. i hardly eat full price.. use coupons. clippingis. groupons.. etc ... I SEE DEFLATION here for a while

#17     Aug 7, 2011

8. Correct.. in Texas. which is supposed to be in relatively better shape, I see a LOT of empty business offices. also many retail businesses, I dont see how they are running.. with no visible traffic..etc.

something is on the horizon.. may be a HUGE wave of foreclosures. etc.

#18     Aug 7, 2011
  9. DT-waw

DT-waw

and this fact, too will contribute to deflation. the more people will work at factories/provide services getting out of their villages and agriculture, the more production we will have globally.
    all these peasants from rural china coming to big cities are exactly why production skyrocketed.

the world is very , very much different than in 1950.
    the only situation were there can be hyperinflation is WAR or severe military spending/economy based mainly on military.

also, keep in mind that wealth, stuff, accumulate from generation to generation.
    people who died in 1970-1990 didn't had that much amount of things to pass on to their children. Currently, if anybody from middle class or above dies , lefts substantial amounts of wealth to their children/grandchildren.

#19     Aug 7, 2011
  10. Keep all your money in cash for the next 10 years and see where it will get you.

#20     Aug 7, 2011