Get ready for a possible 87

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ertrader, Jul 21, 2002.

1. usually do not happen. Crashes happen because they are not anticipated. Tomorrow will be just another down day, perhaps even with some reversal later during the session.

#11     Jul 22, 2002
  2. Rigel

Rigel

Good luck tomorrow to all the people I like.:D

#12     Jul 22, 2002
  3. It's strange the euro didn't budge on Friday I thought it would pop again with the break in the indices. I think this is something worth noting. It'slike it's running out of steam. I would love to see the market bounce here because if it doesn't I don't know where we are going and what is causing all this. I am not going to trade next week though. I am in the process of relocating.

#13     Jul 22, 2002
  4. exce26

exce26

1987 was still on a long term bull trend even during the crash moment. Now, The current market is on a long term bear trend. Any spike up will be crushed to further down side... :cool:

#14     Jul 22, 2002
  5. ttrader

ttrader

Some people say the euro is strong because the dollar is so weak, but how about this: Europe has much less debt than the USA and about the same production level (250 million people on each side). If Europe and USA were companies, which stock(=currency) would I buy ?

#15     Jul 22, 2002
  6. So are you gonna be pissing and dumping in your pants, then? God help anyone sitting near you...

#16     Jul 22, 2002
  7. Bono

Bono

The best performing index (The DOW) is already down 30% from its peak ... needless to discuss the NASDAQ or S&P ...

A crash as I understand it comes when people are heavily invested in the market so that everyone gets hurt ... i.e. after a long bull trend ... but when the market is already down by double digits ... I would find another wording for it other than crash ...

I'm not saying that the market is gonna reverse ... but one day, when A LOT of people keep talking the same language ... crash, misery and free falls ... will this market reverse course and head up again ... I hope soon :)

#17     Jul 22, 2002