Get off this National pastime of pessimism!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by HedgefundTrader2, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Nothing will pull out a marooned rat from sea water. I will let the Ocean take care of you. If you were smart you would look around and see what I see and act. Life isn't this bad in America. Your government made some speedy decisions for you. Had you lived in Sudan and Sri Lenka you would be grazing with bullocks.

I had a nice day with stocks zooming up and shorts scattering like cockroaches in daylight, it was fun making money. This was a nice follow through day with a clear message more bullish action is in the works.

Get out of the way or get smoked out.

#41     Jan 31, 2008
  2. A measure of the value of goods and services produced in a year.

If you don't account for inflation, the measuring stick of "value" keeps moving. If you inflate the crap out of the currency, does that mean you are growing GDP???

But what if the inflation number they give you is wrong - as in being too low???

#42     Jan 31, 2008
  3. mokwit

mokwit

From Bloomberg:

MasterCard shares have surged 86 percent in the past year as consumers switched to credit and debit cards from cash and checks. American Express Co. and Discover Financial Services, rivals that make consumer loans in addition to running networks, have declined more than 15 percent as a slowing U.S. economy caused more customers to miss payments.

This speaks volumes to me. Of course Day will probably interpret it as happy consumers without a care in the world incresing their spending as the economy continues to improve.

#43     Jan 31, 2008
  4. I can't believe you people still respond to this dimwit. Seriously, he's just trolling to get you people to respond. He gets his rocks off every time you pick a fight with him. Just ignore the thread. Put him on ignore.

He'll go away, back under the rock he came from.

#44     Jan 31, 2008
  5. Always doubt, cringe, bemoan, grudge, and despair. Why not come out and say these numbers are fine ( since you can't control them anyhow and there is not much you can do to generate such data and work it through) and I am going to live an optimistic life.

Jim Cramer said something very valuable today:

NEGATIVITY+ STUPIDITY = BUY buy BUY....

#45     Jan 31, 2008
  6. RESPONSE:

I will not crawl under a rock from jackasses like you. You happen to be the dimwit who can't stand on hind legs.

#46     Jan 31, 2008
  7. An empty vessel makes much noise.

#47     Feb 1, 2008

8. NOT.

IF you challenge me I will rise to the occasion ( if I feel like it).

#48     Feb 1, 2008

9. No wonder why you're brain dead

#49     Feb 1, 2008
  10. 9999

So, you're making money left & right. Great! I will sleep so much better tonight...
    If you're making so much money, why are you bitching and moaning every day? Not enough attention? Or you wanna be the next Tony Robbins?
    Thank you for the compliments, by the way.

#50     Feb 1, 2008