Get numerous small loans, zero interest..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eight, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Eight

Eight

They changed the banking laws... you can opt completely out of overdraft on your debit card, when there is no money you don't get any overdraft charges.... so I find that if I have just half a dollar or whatever in the checking, I can gas up the car... and I get an interest free loan until payday when I put some money in the checking account....

2. Eight

Eight

it seems to only work with gas stations because the amount is unknown up front... my cell was supposed to prepay for another month today and it's cut off...

The banks are competing with prepaid Visa cards I'm sure, if this law was not changed I'd be using nothing but a prepaid Visa, it's far and away better than overdraft [credit card debt] and keeps you spending only what you have...

3. r-in

r-in

Go for it loser. Maybe I can buy the house I can't afford too! Maybe 3 or four 65 inch TV's just to have because the bank will cover them. Maybe even a couple Mazeratti's too.
    Sorry I took this the wrong way, but if you can't afford it don't buy it. Live within your means, I guess my parents weren't idiots like I used to think.

4. Eight

Eight

well, I will always value your opinion, you know that don't you? It's worth about what I pay for it, maybe not quite that much...

Meanwhile, back at the pumps, it's more adventures in working the system, stay tuned...

5. last check, my checking account was paying 0.25%, so... And why do most people need "interest free loans" to buy puny things like groceries?

6. Eight

Eight

I don't know if people need loans for stuff, I'm just reporting on the effect of the new banking laws... this would be useful if somebody got stuck somewhere and needed to know how best to allocate funds, they could take all but a few bucks out of the checking at an ATM for dining then fill the gas tank...

Wasn't anybody here a Boy Scout? Be Prepared, that is the thing... the whole web seems to be infested with trashy people that don't know the scout motto... maybe it is...