Get new java to speed up TWS IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by scriabinop23, Nov 15, 2006.

1. TGM

TGM

I have read this thread and was curious if there was an actual release data? Does anyone know how long Java takes to go from beta to release?

#21     Nov 19, 2006
  2. i read somewhere that it should be available in dec. but not sure.

#22     Nov 19, 2006
  3. Should I force the java applications to use the 6 with the checkbox within JNLP Runtime Settings under the column 'Enabled' (Java - Java Application Runtime Settings / View), so the 1.6.0-rc is the only Java Sun running (unchecking the other javas previously installed)?

#23     Nov 20, 2006
  4. Having a problem with charts. They refuse to close under Java 6.

Actually they work and dont work randomly.

Anyone else see this ?

#24     Nov 28, 2006
  5. UP! :p

#25     Nov 29, 2006
  6. I didn't have to do that Bernard. In TWS, if you go to the "help" menu then choose "About Trader Workstation" at the bottom a screen comes up and says which version of Java is being used. Mine says: 1.6.0-rc

#26     Nov 29, 2006
  7. I meant at the Windows level, under Control Panel / Java/ Java tab, etc..

#27     Nov 29, 2006
  8. I'm not certain, but I don't think that TWS has anything to do with JNLP settings, at least concerning the standalone version; web-based may be different.

#28     Nov 29, 2006
  9. nitro

nitro

Thanks for the heads up. I will give the new java VM a try, but I have noticed that for my applications anyway, my CPUs rarely goes above 10% (on a Quad Opteron machine) when running TWS.

That may be because all I am doing is the standard TWS grid and API, and no charts and fancy analytics running...

nitro

#29     Nov 30, 2006
  10. or may be because of the forementioned Quad Opteron :)

I'm on a 1.5Ghz p3! So I need all the help I can get!

#30     Nov 30, 2006