Get new java to speed up TWS IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by scriabinop23, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Agree, loading even seems a tad slower. But once code is loaded it flies -- charts, Book Trader are near instantaneous.

#11     Nov 15, 2006
  2. This is beta. Always a smart choice for a trading business. Let me guess... you guys have all been using Vista since early '06.

#12     Nov 15, 2006
  3. the real test is during regular hours trading.

#13     Nov 15, 2006
  4. My font also looks different after upgrade.

#14     Nov 15, 2006
  5. How was Java 6 in action today?

Has anyone ever had a problem getting the Java control panel to run? I have a VMware xp install where the cp refuses to launch, just gives me a popup with the calling parameters, Fine on my real xp install.

#15     Nov 16, 2006
  6. I've lurked here on and off, and have actually just created an account to say "thanks" for the heads up on this, it's transformed my TWS. Cheers.

#16     Nov 17, 2006
  7. I've run it for two days on HSI. Its been great, running really well.

On the second day I also had Zero Line Trader (Hong did an overnight update to let it run with 1.6) and that was also running better.

Nice to see java get faster rather than just bigger.

#17     Nov 17, 2006
  8. everythin' workin' now on the standalone version, for those mac users that want to install the new java create an acct and log into apple developer: u'll find the link to the new SE6 there. i cant post a link since it is a beta version not avaliable yet to the public and otherwise i risk a lawsuit but u can find it uself.

#18     Nov 19, 2006
  9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Yep. Mine too. Looks like it's actually cleartype.

#19     Nov 19, 2006
  10. same happened to me with the previous java upgrade. fonts and some of ther layouts changed a lot.

#20     Nov 19, 2006