Get mad if you INVEST

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Feb 3, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

2. iiphos

iiphos

microsoft doesn't report proforma. they report do report gaap to the street. the street then figures out what they proforma numbers are. just an example of one company that really does report their true earnings to the street. but i agree in general to the rest of the article.

3. oneway

oneway

Nitro,

I agree its a bunch of crap. I read that article and sent it to all of the people that I know who are part of this pawnsy scheme.

There will come a day when the reality of the deception will reach a critical mass.

This more than likely will shortly precede the "real" investment opportunity...

What a joke

oneway

4. Nitro

I don't understand your point of view. The sheep are always sheared. Thats the way it has always been and the way it always will be. All you can do is try to be a shearer rather than a shearee.

5. oneway

oneway

Hey Easy,

Let me chime a bit here. For me the deception point and arguement arent driven by an ability or lack of to profit from the fact.

The "fact" is what is so disturbing. Why at all use "pro forma" unless the intent is to deceive the public. Intentional misrepresentation of fact, or ommission of fact, with the an intent either actual or implicit to have an advantage at the expense of another is fraud.

I see this as the seminal point here.

SW

6. nitro

nitro

Look,

I have no problem crossing swords with you or anybody else that trades for a living and knows that they are swimming with Great White sharks all the time - I embrace the combat and thrive on it.

But there is no combat, no honor, and what Wall Street does to Investors _AT_EVERY_TURN. In the long run, it is harmful to all of us, even traders that couldn't give a flying F___k between Pro Forma and GAAP. I for one would like to consider myself as someone that provides liquidity to the markets, and in so doing, tries to get paid by making a profit. Wall Street, with their analysts, JUST OUTRIGHT CHEATS. What the hell is that?

I don't invest - I find it _WAY_ harder than trading, which I find very natural. But my parents do, my wife does, my friends do. Are your daughters/sons and parents and wife your sheep too?

nitro

7. I'm a fatalist and also a cynic, I guess. Life is not fair and thats a fact. Fraud, deception, et al have been going on forever and I don't think it will ever change. If you choose to charge the windmill, have at it. More power to you. My sister has lost a small fortune in her 401k and my heart bleeds for her. I tried to get her to put it in something safer a long time ago because I know life is not fair. She chose not to listen to me. What can I do about it?

8. oneway

oneway

"If you choose to charge the windmill, have at it. More power to you."

There is a morality issue here.

And with this laize faire, now two.

SW

9. nitro

nitro

easy,

I don't believe you - I don't know you, but I don't believe you when you say that you're a fatalist. Were you always, or did you crack a mean whip once? Send the link to all your friends, send them to all of your ex coworkers, talk about it at your football party.

For what I thought I could do, I sent an e-mail to CNBC (Bill Griffith) begging them to read my e-mail, where I hope he will do a show on it. I think a lot of older folks watch his segment, and they are the ones that need the most protecting.

nitro

10. oneway

oneway

Nitro post the link to his email so others can also send a letter in support to expose this fraud.

#10     Feb 3, 2002