Get long June Crude Contract $64.50/ 4-9-07

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by myminitrading, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Please crawl back in your hole!

#21     Apr 11, 2007
  2. PJKIII

PJKIII

You need to specify June....front month is May, which is 62.43.

Note this move is entirely attributable to gasoline, which is up 430 pts. at 2.1650 (May). The draw there was 5.5 million bbls., far more than was expected. The crude build was less than expectations at 700K bbls. which is mildly bullish, but the gasoline draw is wildly bullish and is leading the charge.

#22     Apr 11, 2007

3. Give this man a cookie, he must be highly educated in finance, to bad since most in that crowd cant make money, but they sure can talk a good game.

Me, I just trade what I see, and right now its looking pretty good doofus hahahaha.

#23     Apr 11, 2007
  4. The title said get long June contract 64.50, you sit here and explain to everyone why crude it up, I need to monitor my winning trade, now $ 65.38 gotta run.

Hey dont be afraid to post a trade yourself.

#24     Apr 11, 2007
  5. PJKIII

PJKIII

Congrats on your winning trade, that's great. Not trying to sound like a cynic, and not saying I am the wizard, but if you don't fully understand the difference between cost of carry in the dollar index and massive contango in the crude market (you might want to research that for your own education if you haven't already--we're all here to learn right?) you may be having a wee bit of luck. Maybe I'm wrong about that--either way, way to go on your profitable trade.

64.92 now...still + for you, but coming back. You holding on or taking profits?

#25     Apr 11, 2007
  6. To me thats like researching the fundamentals of public companies, I just dont care. I just trade off the charts, and have for close to a decade. It works so I keep doing it.

Last Wednesday I saw a nice set up in GLW @ 22.80 so I took a position, I am still in it.

I just love paging thru the SP500 stocks looking for opportunities.
    I really love my charts. I never look at the fundamentals. I will admit I do look at analyst opinion, I like to see alot of recent downgrades thats helpfull.

• glw.jpg
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
    #26     Apr 11, 2007
  7. So how does your analysis make you money? it sounds like you are familiar with the commodity markets. I was always under the impression that the more one tried to learn about the markets the more he expected from the markets.

#27     Apr 11, 2007
  8. I understand the carry trade in the spot currency markets, but I dont understand the carry trade in the dollar index futures, could someone explain please.

#28     Apr 11, 2007
  9. Surdo

Surdo

Mini Me did you sell Crude on the mini rally?
    Give us a little flavor.

el surdo

#29     Apr 11, 2007
  10. PJKIII

PJKIII

Different animals as I understand it. The currency carry trade takes advantage of prevailing interest rate discrepancies between different currencies, while the cost of carry has to do with the time value of money and the cost associated with tying your money up in a given instrument.

#30     Apr 11, 2007