Get. Freaking. LONG.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Saltynuts, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Tried to tell you guys lol. But you may get lucky, tomorrow may be a pullback day. Buy them dips, buy them dips!!!!

#21     Apr 5, 2021
  2. Overnight

Overnight

We cannot take seriously the advice to buy the dips from someone who has sold a perceived dip. It's like multiple-personality disorder stuff.

You either believe in your short in GME or you do not.

You either believe in the market in general or not. The only in-between is crazy options stuff.

#22     Apr 5, 2021

3. Thanks vanzandt. I've never really "gotten" the whole volume thing. I mean, sure, if price moves up on little volume, that is less buyers that are willing to buy at those prices (bearish), but that is also less sellers willing to sell at those price (bullish). Just the reverse if price moves up on heavy volume.

I get if you see it as a possibility of deception - i.e. you use of the word facade - price moving up on little volume means the buyers are making it move with very little effort, but why would that necessarily be a facade? Would not there be more likely to be a facade if there is huge buying volume - people are coming together to act in concert and buy?

Once when I was a kid I went through the DJIA (I think, maybe SP500) looking for periods of time where it moved up on higher volumes versus lower volumes, and I couldn't see how the moves up on higher volumes meant higher prices in the near future as compared to moves up on lower volumes. But that would have been in the 1980s, and COMPLETELY unscientific. But its the only data point I have besides...

There was a poster that posted here a year or two or so ago. His handle was like 1c2b3a or something like that. But he posted several graphs that showed basically the OPPOSITE - when there was a big move up or down on big volume, a lot of times that showed the exhaustion of the move, and price then went in the other direction after that move. Which makes some sense to me - on an up move, for example, more buyers are enticed in given that the price has been moving up (trend following or whatever), but then as they pile in the sellers also pile in given that the price has met their sale price - so while there might be a move up on huge volume that exhausts the supply of buyers and the stock turns around in the near term.

Anyways, none of it sounds very convincing to me one way or the other. But I will start watching volume and be sure and come back and post here re: volume questions vanzandt. :)

Thanks!

#23     Apr 5, 2021
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Right on....watch breadth and volume, along with sector strength.

Copper FCX
    Steel X CLF
    Lumber CUT WOOD
    Pot APHA CGC
    Bitcoin MARA RIOT
    Cruise CCL
    Gaming MGM DKNG
    Meme GME AMC
    etc, plus relative strength dow vs s&p nas russell etc

And inverses, on pullback/down days UVXY SQQQ TZA

#24     Apr 5, 2021

5. LOL. No Overnight. You are talking about me selling GME? That was not a market thing at all, that was just me thinking it was overvalued (which it was and is even more now). I'm telling you they are not only currently printing money at a 23% annual rate, but they are enacting HUGE fiscal programs that will cause more growth and require even more money printing, and its only getting worse (better from our stock market perspective). Get LONG. Don't miss out any more.

And no, this has nothing to do with me being bummed about my GME shorts. I'm down like what, 40k or 50k on those shares, but I'm up like a few hundred thousand dollars on all my accounts since I first shorted GME. Its not quite a drop in the bucket to me, I mean, it HURTS, but that is just the name of the game. If this was GME I'd be on here urging everyone to SELL to bring the market, and thus hopefully GME, down, but of course I'm advocating the opposite. Get long or get lost in the sands of time, having missed a great further bull market...

I told you before - you saw tech heavy nasdaq going crazy, you bought in, it corrected. Bummer, you got caught. But that is just the game. Now what *I* would have done before I chose between NASDAQ/SP/DJIA is to run spreadsheets between the 3 comparing how they did for some period in the past versus how they had performed for some period after that prior period in the past. Like maybe historically if the NASDAQ has outperformed the DJIA for a [180 day] period by an average amount in excess of [10%] the DJIA had over the next [30] days outperformed the NASDAQ by an average of [5%], so if those were the fact buying into the DJIA would have been a better bet. Obviously I am just making those numbers up, and who knows what the data would have shown, but that is what I would have tried at least.

But take your NQ losses in stride - it pulls back HARD because it pulls *up* HARD. It is pulling back up and will keep doing so, HARD. That is what logic tells me.

#25     Apr 5, 2021
  6. And by the way Overnight, horrible song, again. Pink Floyd had some good stuff, but that? No. If you are going to post a song dealing in any way, shape or form with Pompeii this can be the only one...

#26     Apr 5, 2021
  7. Overnight

Overnight

That is where I can stop reading, because you have zero experience in index futures. That is PAINFULLY obvious.

Don't you dare come in here and tell us to not fear the reaper on the main index, while you have been sweating your balls off on your GME short. (We know this because of your rantings about how stupid GME has been for not falling). I have been sweating my balls off on the index long at the same time.

Based on what I see from your post, you are net positive a lot of fucking money. A couple hundred thousand after the losses from the other positions. Close it all out at profit and relax for a few months. Or else piss off. Either way, you are starting to sound like shit, dude.

#27     Apr 5, 2021

8. "That is where I can stop reading, because you have zero experience in index futures. That is PAINFULLY obvious."

Correct. 100% no experience trading index futures (well, nothing relevant in any event). But I'm saying get long because the market is going up bigly. So riddle me this - if the NASDAQ goes up 10% aren't NASDAQ index futures likely to go up as well? And I said get in the MARKET, i.e., the stock market. Why are you bringing up index futures in the first place lol?!

"Don't you dare come in here and tell us to not fear the reaper on the main index, while you have been sweating your balls off on your GME short. (We know this because of your rantings about how stupid GME has been for not falling). I have been sweating my balls off on the index long at the same time."

So, you do realize that me sweating my balls off on my GME short, and stock markets going up (which they are and which I told you they would) are not mutually exclusive, correct? There is just no correlation there, positive or negative lol.

"Based on what I see from your post, you are net positive a lot of fucking money. A couple hundred thousand after the losses from the other positions. Close it all out at profit and relax for a few months. Or else piss off. Either way, you are starting to sound like shit, dude."

Why on EARTH would I close my long positions that have made me money and that will make me more money, and close my GME short when it will come back down to earth soon? Again, just no relevance to anything lol.

Overnight, you seem tormented by your bad NQ futures trade. I feel for you man, I really do. But don't take it out on me, and don't let your bad trade influence your logic. :(

#28     Apr 6, 2021
  9. #29     Apr 6, 2021
  10. destriero

destriero

Where were you last month? You just turned on the TV and realized there is an infrastructure Bill?

#30     Apr 6, 2021