Get attached

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Jan 13, 2011.

1. nitro

nitro

No offense, but you sound like you opened up some book on science and started reading. Try falling in love and come back and tell us what you FEEL.

#51     Jan 19, 2011
  2. #52     Jan 19, 2011
  3. Cheese

Cheese

No I'm not quoting any book; just being rational. I certainly wouldn't expect you to be.

You are the textbook stereotype.
    But good luck, pal.
    :)

#53     Jan 19, 2011
  4. Quite frankly, love is a term created to explain a set of feelings that we experience as human animals. Love, the set of feelings, is not as important in real life as a respectful and caring relationship. The latter two characteristics are actually quantifiable to some extent.

I'm sure someone who falls in love every year or someone who does not have kids will feel different. I'm speaking from 10 years of marriage experience.

#54     Jan 19, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nitro, these quotes are for you. From one of my favorite movies. You can guess if you want.

"You will notice that what we are aiming at when we fall in love is a very strange paradox. The paradox consists of the fact that, when we fall in love, we are seeking to re-find all or some of the people to whom we were attached as children. On the other hand, we ask our beloved to correct all of the wrongs that these early parents or siblings inflicted upon us. So that love contains in it the contradiction: The attempt to return to the past and the attempt to undo the past."

"We're all faced throughout our lives with agonizing decisions, moral choices. Some are on a grand scale, most of these choices are on lesser points. But we define ourselves by the choices we have made. We are, in fact, the sum total of our choices. Events unfold so unpredictably, so unfairly, Human happiness does not seem to be included in the design of creation. it is only we, with our capacity to love that give meaning to the indifferent universe. And yet, most human beings seem to have the ability to keep trying and even try to find joy from simple things, like their family, their work, and from the hope that future generations might understand more. "

#55     Jan 19, 2011
  6. It is really quite simple. Women fall in love. Men fall in lust. Never confuse the two.

#56     Jan 20, 2011
  7. nitro

A friend of mine passed away a couple years ago ....... He was married 5 times (that's five), and NEVER had a wedding anniversary, it's true. Later in his live he married for the 6th time, I'm trying to remember, but I think he had maybe .... 10 wedding anniversaries before his death.

#57     Jan 20, 2011
  8. jinxu

jinxu

I think love turns men passive and weak.

#58     Jan 20, 2011
  9. Your friend did the right thing. Far too often people drag it out.

#59     Jan 20, 2011
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Love turns no one passive and weak. Submission to a ruthless, self-centered, overdemanding female makes a man passive and weak.

Love causes respect, which may appear to others to be passive and weak.

I hope the Steelers kick the Jets in the ass this weekend. (Oops, couldn't help it.)

#60     Jan 20, 2011