Get attached

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Jan 13, 2011.

1. #31     Jan 17, 2011
  2. Falling in love can be effortless.

Love, however, is work.

Know the difference.

#32     Jan 17, 2011

3. I told you not to interrupt when big people are talking.:D :D :D
    Lol.....nice name , by the way

#33     Jan 17, 2011
  4. This answer is going to vary depending on people's experiences. I think that people that have a lot of money, these days meaning many millions have a problem. Is someone with me for my cash, this can work either way although it is usually the man that has that problem. Long term relationships between men and women to me are all about communication. this is the key, you must realize there will always be problems communicating with the other species, they are different and this causes a shitload of problems, expectations, communication, the grass is greener problem, etc. You have to walk your own path in this regard. An avowed bachelor out trying to drink and bang his way thru life is going to talk his book so to speak and be pissed when you want to go home for dinner, conversely a married man with children sees meaning in taking care of the family. These are generalizations, however where are you in these extremes and does your partner have the same life goals as you? Good luck Nitro. :)

http://antimisandry.com/mens-health/do-married-men-live-longer-19040.html

#34     Jan 17, 2011
  5. deaddog

deaddog

The ultimate test:
    Lock you dog and your girlfriend in the trunk for 2 hours and then see who's really happy to see you when you let them out.

#35     Jan 18, 2011
  6. Ok nitro, you want her to stay only with you? You have to see if she have this receptors. :D

"According to studies by Larry Young, a social attachment researcher at Emory University, what happens is that when the prairie vole mates, like humans, the hormones oxytocin and vasopressin are released. Because the prairie vole has the needed receptors in its brain for these hormones in the regions responsible for reward and reinforcement, it forms a bond with its mate. That bond is for that particular vole based on its smell -- sort of like an imprint. As further reinforcement, dopamine is also released in the brain's reward center when they have sex, making the experience enjoyable and ensuring that they want to do it again. And because of the oxytocin and vasopressin, they want to have sex with the same vole.

Because the montane vole does not have receptors for oxytocin or vasopressin in its brain, those chemicals have no effect, and they continue with their one-night stands. Other than those receptors, the two vole species are almost entirely the same in their physical makeup."

http://people.howstuffworks.com/love.htm/printable

#36     Jan 18, 2011
  7. nitro

nitro

You know, let me put it to you another way. A typical man lasts about 7 minutes before he ejaculates during sex. Some less some more. There are about sixteen hours of time when we are not sleeping. Converting hours to minutes, that is 960 wakeful minutes during the day. So 7/960 = .008% that we are having sex, assuming once a day every day.

Does it not seem strange that we put so much emphasis on these 7 minutes? Granted, in those seven minutes you can pass on your genes, etc. But forget all that. I am talking about love here, not biology. So it must be everything that surrounds love/sex that is equally important.

I submit to you that the most important thing to "keeping her" is that she continues to like me, that we have fun together and grow together, and in that hour when the clothes come off (what can I tell you, I am an animal) ...

Find someone you like and likes you back, and then don't take them for granted. Works like a charm.

#37     Jan 19, 2011
  8. ammo

ammo

it's the other 99.992% of the time that gets tricky for both sexes

#38     Jan 19, 2011
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

or that back in the day people would stay together because DIVORCE was an evil thing where as today it is normal and widely accepted. It is encouraged to seperate if things are not going well and are niot fixable, whereas in the past it was dis-couraged.

I am pointing to a statistic to the OP who is a numbers man. thats all.

I hope he finds a woman like I have.

#39     Jan 19, 2011
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

or that back in the day people would stay together because DIVORCE was an evil thing where as today it is normal and widely accepted. It is encouraged to seperate if things are not going well and are niot fixable, whereas in the past it was dis-couraged.

I am pointing to a statistic to the OP who is a numbers man. thats all.

I hope he finds a woman like I have.

#40     Jan 19, 2011