Get attached

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Jan 13, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Okay brother. Thank you for your honesty.

Now here's the logic I strongly urge you to follow:

(No need to answer these questions, except to yourself, but if the answers are yes, then you will know what to do.)

1. Do you like dogs?

2. Are you making a living for yourself?

3. Do you like cars?

4. Do you ever see any pretty women in Chicago?

This ain't 1965. The Cleavers were only on a television show. (Holding you by the shoulder while mildly slapping you in the face in a brotherly fashion....) You know it ain't like the Cleavers anymore, Nitro. Snap outta that coma you're in. You done been there / done that.

Because you're a longtime member, this priceless advice ain't costin' you a penny.

#11     Jan 13, 2011
  2. There is a unique but adorable subculture of women who marry men they are deathly afraid of. Sort of like "If I marry this mean SOB I'll never have to worry about anybody hurting me but my husband."

#12     Jan 13, 2011
  3. nitro

nitro

BSAM,

Language is a very tricky thing. It is unwise to try to use analogy to reason, it will lead you astray. Because you replied, and you are adamant that being vulnerable to a woman in this way is a terrible thing, I suspect that you want someone in your life so bad, were it not for the pain that you have suffered.

Women, men, we are all the same. We are deadly afraid of each others power over us. Aim your love at someone of high integrity, someone that is ready to feel about you the way you are about them. I assure you that when you are ready, opportunities that you thought were absolutely impossible, will appear to you. One word of warning though, if you bring half your heart and have your shields up, you will fail.

Luke - "What's in there ?"
    Yoda - "Only what you take with you"

I realize this is likely to fall on deaf ears. This is the typical ET conundrum, we all have our truths and will die with them...

#13     Jan 14, 2011
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Ya almost brought a tear to me eyes, Nitro.

When the Cleavers where around 8 out of 10 homes were of married couples. Now, as BSAM pointed out, it is the opposite. You are lucky to find 2-3 homes out of 10 ( first time married ). Now you being a numbers man, what does this tell ya? :eek:. It's not that it can't happen it is just that in TODAYS world it is extremely hard...not my opinion, just look at the numbers. What makes you think you are not part of the numbers? Hey, Im married for 12 years now and going strong....so I'm biased...peace

#14     Jan 14, 2011
  5. BSAM

BSAM

LOL...Phone me up in five years little bro. Right now you're hooked. I would guess that about 75 to 90 percent of males in this country would tell you approximately what I've tried to get across to you. Women are like trading; you got to put the odds in your favor.

BTW...No woman ('cept maybe my mama) has any power or control over me; unlike times past. I know what they are all about. Not bragging, just stating the hard cold facts. Dig this brother: I used to believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy. You know what I mean?

Buuut when you're in love, you don't want to hear that. I understand.

You're usually a bright guy, but in this case you got your eyes closed to today's reality.

Good luck; while you still got a little left.

#15     Jan 14, 2011
  6. :)

I always like your posts nitro. Some are too advance for me (physics:) ). But your posts are not taking right wing or left wing bias with the hate, you just tell your opinion from the heart.

#16     Jan 14, 2011
  7. volente_00

volente_00

You have a 5% chance at trading but that does not stop you from playing the game.

The marriage numbers tell me one thing.

People fail at marriage for much of the same reason they fail at trading.

THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO PUT IN THE WORK

#17     Jan 14, 2011
  8. zdreg

zdreg

you were vetted. other than that she was clueless.

#18     Jan 14, 2011
  9. Redneck

Redneck

Nitro,

Couple of things that make me go Hmmmm

I don’t think you would come on here ask other’s opinions on which way the market may go

But you open yourself up here regarding matters of the heart

You love her – go for it… it works, you’ll be the one who benefits…. It doesn’t, you’ll be the one who suffers – just like trading

============================================
    Another thing that makes me go Hmmm

You named this thread; Getting Attached

But as we all know getting attached in the market is deadly….

May be advantageous to sit her down and explain things, just so she knows what she’s in for – but then again it may scare the crap out of her – that’ll be a judgment call

Either way she’ll have the detached side of you to deal with - every day

In the beginning it was hell for my wife – and sometimes, when I’m in that frame of mind (detached), it still is

And yes my wife loves me – she shows me every day… and I try my damndest to do the same….. But when you’re detached – you’re detached….

And of all the women I could have chosen to marry – I Thank God I chose the right one

RN

#19     Jan 14, 2011
  10. So you LOVE him??? :eek:

#20     Jan 14, 2011