Germany has a lower unemployment rate than US.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Because job creation/retention is one of their 'social programs'. They subsidize job positions during a recession rather than eliminate them. Then during the recovery period these programs are scaled back in.

#11     Sep 20, 2011
  2. marceck

marceck

Every worker's job is protected by unions. Unions work with management to sort things out, but above all, no one on their boards make as much as the stupefying salaries/options paid to US execs, who for the most part under perform year after year.

#12     Sep 20, 2011
  3. Yes, they were so intelligent that they ended up fighting a war at many fronts... always a winning strategy.

#13     Sep 20, 2011
  4. piezoe

piezoe

And too, they were able to learn from past mistakes and correct them. On the other hand the U.S. seems to be a very slow learner. But that is only an illusion. The problem for the U.S. is that they are taking too long to recognize that they are not superior, but were just lucky.

One of the worst things that can happen to a person, an institution, or a country, is to adopt an attitude that they are the best at anything. When that happens, it's the beginning of the end. If one wants to avoid that result, then one must always keep in mind that if there isn't now, there certainly will soon be others that are just as capable, just as good at whatever it is that one imagines they are superior at.

#14     Sep 21, 2011
  5. toc

toc

I would disagree to that. US technology both military and civilian is far superior to anyone standing second. Several other items US is way in the lead also.

The problem is the 'superior feeling' while somewhat justifed led to many other 'unforced errors' which weighted heavily on its economy and economic future.

:D

#15     Sep 21, 2011
  6. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

After 3 pages of wrong answers, I will point you in the right direction.

Germany is an exporter and has the devalued euro thanks to the PIGS.
    Germany gained 50-60 billion because of the euro, without it and with the old Dmark they would be in a recession.

Source: german state bank KFW.
    http://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article13591854/Euro-bringt-Wohlstandsgewinn-in-Milliardenhoehe.html

#16     Sep 21, 2011
  7. It may not be politically correct to say. Hitler got rid of international bankers, who play useless money games, rather than focusing producing real stuff. This is true for Northern European states.

#17     Sep 21, 2011
  8. the germans unemployment rate is fake. They always fake it that way that it looks good for the next election. In reality its much much higher.

only the people count unemployed who registrate theirselfs at the job agency and when you are long term unemployed you have to do an 1€ job (1€ a day) or a 400,-€ Job (400,- € month). you must do it or you dont receive any money anymore - and for this little jobs you dont count as unemployed any more - while you dont get more money than with the unemployment help money from the state.

Its all fake. Germans are the best in fake everything. I am german i know that....

#18     Sep 21, 2011
  9. toc

toc

what other things are germans good at faking. i used to believe truth, loyalty and honor are the finer traits of folks from germany, japan, scandinavia etc.

:D

#19     Sep 21, 2011
  10. They are faking everything.
    The only good thing they do are their cars, ok not all.
    But there are also very good cars from other countries, UK and USA.

truth, loyalty and honor, hahahahaha, all fake, super fake.
    super fucking nazi chliche.......

they are fake in saying being tolerant and multiculti. Germany is still very racisty (??) especially the older generations and in the east.
    If you be black in germany and live in a village in the east, you are fucked. The skinheads will beat you to dead, and the police will do nothing.........thats the truth............fucking nazis............
    well its different in big cities, like berlin or frankfurt, dusseldorf, munich.......

Ok, one other thing they are good is BEER, really a very wide variation of different beers especially in bavaria, i am from bavaria and i love bavarian beer. you cant get an better beer than a german, maybe expect an english dark one malt beer.........
    well, flavours are different........

#20     Sep 21, 2011