Germany finally starts initiative to establish own European rating agency...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ...and the best part: the new central authority in Europe told the US gentlemen´s rating agency club, that is not a given fact that Moodys, Fitch and S&P can "automatically" keep on working in Europe.

http://www.handelsblatt.com/politik...ge-aus-hessen-fuer-moodys-und-co/4320602.html

Get rid off Moodys, S&P and Fitch and you get rid off 95 % of the problems of the credit bubble of the last 25 years!!!!!!!

2. Germans taking over the NYSE, Germans creating their own rating agency ... They're doing good !

3. LeeD

LeeD

4. best rating agency is your own brain, power will eventually corrupt any good company.

5. AK100

AK100

Yes, but who's to say that 'money' won't again win over objectivity?

The whole system is rotten to the core, the US, Europe, Far East - everyone in the financial markets has a price to look the other way.

And who loses anyway with the corrupt ratings, not the banks. It's the investors and pension funds who's sole role these days seems to be to bend over and take it up the rear.

Just glad I've got 100% control over my pension, anything to keep it away from the professional money managers, 95% of whom put their interests ahead of their clients........

6. jordanf

jordanf

Aren't the credit agencies the ones who will determine if whatever action is taken on Greece's debt consitutes a default?

Gee, I wonder if the timing of this announcement has anything to do with that......

7. dtan1e

dtan1e

someone should rate this US ratings agencies