Germany attacks US economic policy

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Do you have the freedom to take a risk? Or is your government collecting big tax to set a protective net around you, this limiting the amount of risk you can take on your own?

Are you free to make choices about your live?

How about the unions in your country? Are they strong? Are you free to get any type of job?

#81     Nov 12, 2010
  2. Yes to all.

Actually unions are pretty out of fashion in some parts of the world.
    Again, there are many nations besides US...

Best,
    Max

#82     Nov 12, 2010
  3. shall we all bugger off to germany then? Refuse to speak german- just English-I am tempted as a Englishman, After all " we won the war".

#83     Nov 12, 2010
  4. The Germans of today that are sorry and appalled about what happened in their country during the Nazi era are only sorry and appalled because they were defeated.

If Germany had defeated the allies in WWII, they would have used the victory to confirm that their actions were justified.

#84     Nov 12, 2010
  5. Can you please elaborate on the "fresh wind of new world order" you are referring to?

#85     Nov 12, 2010
  6. mujoh

mujoh

Sorry littlefish, but you know nothing about Germans and the rest of the world. You are a lost soul! Get out of your backyard and see how the real world is! Not in the 1940s but today. Travel the world...learn another language...meet foreign people and educate yourself...maybe you learn something...no I guess not...unfortunately... :(...some people will never learn...very sad...that's why you are a littlefish and not a bigfish...forever...

#86     Nov 12, 2010

7. China can't do that without crushing themselves, they'll lose about 40% of their economy via lost sales to USA.

So who really wins: China dumping their debt or USA banning their prducts or taxing them at 1,000% ?

#87     Nov 12, 2010
  8. It is a mistake to use "unions" and "freedom" in the same sentence.

#88     Nov 12, 2010
  9. Willkommen back to the thread, Herr mujoh.

Yes, the Germany of today is a lovely place - because of the terms of the Potsdam Agreement.

The Potsdam Conference, held in Potsdam, Germany was held from July-August of 1945, 9 weeks after Germany's unconditional surrender to the Allies in WWII. Here, Stalin, Churchill and Truman met to decide how to deliver punishment and restore order to defeated Nazi Germany.

It was agreed that:

1. Germany was to be demilitarized, denazified, democritized, decentralized and decartelerized and that Allied forces would be occupying Germany.

2. All shipyards and aircraft factories were to be dismantled or destroyed. All production associated with war-potenetial, such as metals, chemicals and machinery were to be at minimum levels. Surplus was to be dismantled or destroyed.

3. The economy was to be organized with primary emphasis on agricultural and light industry.

4. All German annexations would be reversed.

5. Nazi war criminals would be prosecuted.

US forces still occupy Germany to this day. There are currently over 50 US Army installations throughout Germany, including Ramstein Air Force Base, Spangdahlem Air Force Base and NATO Air Base.

As of last count in 2008, the US has over 52,000 troops stationed in Germany.

Some people, even Americans, might question why the US maintains so many troops in Germany. The reason is simple: we don't need another WWI and WWII episode by the Germans. They have proven themselves to be untrustworthy and must be kept in check - hence my initial statement on my initial post on this thread: "Don't trust the Germans."

It's too bad that the American people must bear this financial burden - but this will not change anytime soon.

Have a nice day Herr mujoh. And remember to thank America and its allies for your freedom.

#89     Nov 13, 2010
  10. whats your REAL problems with Germans? I am German and let me tell you how most Germans of my and younger generations feel about the Third Reich and war atrocities and the crimes committed towards the German Jewish population. Most agree that what has happened should never happen again. Most agree that crimes have been committed that begged for forgiveness and assurances in our constitution that something on such scale cannot happen again in Germany. But we are sick to be apologetic about something we ourselves have not committed. Most are also sick to hear by a few in our current German Jewish communities how we are to think about the past, how we are to think about Judaism now, and how we are to think about the conflict in Palestine. Most people are intelligent enough to make up their own mind and to form their own opinions, no need for some Jewish "thinkers" to dictate how the German youth ought to think.

Most Germans are incredibly open towards people of other cultural backgrounds, in fact hardly any other country in Europe deals with more foreigners that immigrated to their country than Germany.

Hardly any country in the world has shown more remorse and has taken more extreme steps to ensure similar things cannot happen again than Germany. Not the US, not Japan, not China, not any other industrialized nation. And please do not tell us in your infinite wisdom that the U.S. has not committed unbelievable sufferings in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan........

I recommend you distance yourself from your static few of the world and start engaging with people again, especially those you are so opinionated about.

Good luck!!!

#90     Nov 13, 2010