germany and the EU

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, Jan 12, 2010.

did Germany make a mistake by joining the EU

1. No

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. not sure

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. zdreg

zdreg

we are in agreement but your post shows that your knowledge of english is either insufficient or u previously mixed me up with somebody else. of course u are right about the monkeys on ET.

#21     Jan 12, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

it is always nice to be attacked from both sides.

you put him to think is phrased awkwardly.
    is English your native language?

#22     Jan 12, 2010
  3. loza

loza Guest

I am not confusing you with anyone. You asked me the point blank question and I have pointed it out that the answer is more ambiguous...I was writing the earlier post at work...that explains the text...
    I have no ambitions to move back to Europe and I am fully aware of the animosity of eastern Europeans have with big multinationals that with the EU backing rolled over them like bulldozers.
    This is the cost of being a member of the club. There could never be EU with out the Germans as they are the powerhouse of Europe economically. They are educated, efficient and hard working, they want to make things...
    They also have a greater social structure and safety net...sometimes I wonder who won the WWII and who lost?

#23     Jan 13, 2010
  4. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

Today's news:

German economy shrinks 5 percent in 2009, easily worst performance since WWII
    Exports were down a price-adjusted 14.7 percent, while imports were down 8.9 percent, the office said.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=9548083

German Economy Stagnated in Fourth Quarter
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601068&sid=aDtuJfp0QuC4

I understand that Germany is a producer, it needs buyers for its products.
    zdreg's poll has 9 "yes" answer, so I assume that at least 9 people agree with zdreg's opening statement: Germany subsidizes the latins.
    Please would you be so kind as to explain how they do it ? a link ?

#24     Jan 13, 2010
  5. it was just a continuation of war crime repayment- i've been saying for a long time germany should leave those freeloaders- just look how much france still gets in farm subsidies from them. grow up- no one that matters can still remember ww2 or slavery, no one owes the victims anything.

#25     Jan 13, 2010
  6. zdreg

zdreg

farm subsidies having nothing to do with WWII

there are survivors in their 70's, 80's and 90's who remember quite clearly what happened during the war. the victims are owed till the day they die.
    there is an anti-semitic undertone to your post. be a man and make your beliefs clear.

#26     Jan 13, 2010
  7. not anti-semetic
    anti-victimage

in todays day in age no one will accept responsibility for anything. everyone's struggles can be explained away by some ridiculous boogie man no matter how far away or long ago. no one is a victim today, and no one should feel the need to care for lazy strangers.

back to the original post- germany should feel no need to subsidize the rest of europe for no benefit of their own as they have been since ww1 through various international groups.

#27     Jan 13, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

a similar example:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/brunowaterfield/4070031/EU_farm_subsidies_are_food_for_thought/

#28     Jan 13, 2010
  9. My father was a young kid during WWII in Greece. A German fighter pilot thought it would be fun to shoot at him as he was herding his family's flock of sheep in the countryside. The bullets hit the ground right behind him. If those bullets landed two feet over, I wouldn't be here today.

Years later after WWII, a couple young cousins of my dad were blown to bits when they found an old german grenade from the war.

The families of the two kids got nothing from Germany.

I have a lot of respect for modern day Germany, but when I hear the greek old timers speak of WWII and their personal experiences, I share in their disgust.

#29     Jan 13, 2010