germany and the EU

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, Jan 12, 2010.

did Germany make a mistake by joining the EU

1. No

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. not sure

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Why did Germans destroy Greece not too long ago in WWII and even run away with their gold as a loan which they never repaid?

Do you know any history at all? There are still people in Greek, Yogoslavian, even Italian villages that hear the word German and run to hide in caves from the Stukas. Save what the Jews do when they hear the word German.

Then, you do not know how the EU subsides work. No actual transfer of money took place. The EU central bank ordered local central banks to print the amount of money of the subsides. This happened AFTER these countries abolished their SOVEREIGN RIGHT to print money of their own.

#11     Jan 12, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

everything I know i learned on ET.:D

#12     Jan 12, 2010
  3. Today's Germans should feel NO shame. THEY didn't do it... Just a whack-job power seeker and his groupies.... nearly all dead now.

#13     Jan 12, 2010
  4. loza

loza Guest

Germany is doing what any reasonable country SHOULD do, suport their OWN industry, they OWN taxpaying citizenry...many people have long forgotten this in the USA and other places when the poison from one world order and globalization and its benefit (ha ha) for the general populus seeps in...now look at the USA, look at unemployment...the only thing we seem to be making is bad movies! Remember this when you criticise a country that supports its own people.

#14     Jan 12, 2010
  5. zdreg

zdreg

I am not sure what point u are making. are u in favor of Germany supporting the rest of Europe?

to make the record clear I am against Germany subsidizing the rest of Europe.

for the record i have not criticized Germany.
    What is your position?

#15     Jan 12, 2010
  6. Is the question, "Should a strong economic power support and subsidize weaker neighbors"?

Of course, the weak are always all for it. But should the strong oblige? For what reason? Just to be well-liked? Just to be nice?

Sort of like the Obama administration's goals for the US. Should successful and hard-working Americans be raped to support layabouts... to "spread the wealth"?

All of those who would "get something for nothing" vote 'YES'. All of those who are raped of their assets and work vote "Hell NO"!

What a conundrum. Perhaps we can get Chavez and Castro to arbitrate.

#16     Jan 12, 2010
  7. The strong should never subsidize the weak except perhaps to facilitate the OPPORTUNITY for the weak to become stronger through their own effort.

The world "owes no man a living". Succeed by your own merits or perish...

#17     Jan 12, 2010
  8. loza

loza Guest

unless you are german or EU member what is it to you? My point unless you have missed it, that germany, unlike stupid nations, is taking the long term view, for the sake of her industry and workers!! If I lived in EU (and I have an EU passport), I would be against it, unless of course my workplace and investment is in germany... duhh? Other than that I UNDERSTAND why China or germany is doing it, and why the rest of the monkeys on ET are puzzled....

#18     Jan 12, 2010
  9. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

zdreg, could you briefly explain how Germany is subsidizing the latin members ?
    Seriously. Because I live in a "latin member", but I can't figure out how they are doing it.

Less seriously, one of my cars is a Mercedes, so I have subsidized their car industry. How much Parmigiano Reggiano and red wine should germans buy to compensate for my Mercedes ? :D

#19     Jan 12, 2010
  10. You put him to think and this is not good for a German. They just take orders.

#20     Jan 12, 2010