Germans are buying NYSE!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pagan Sunday, Feb 14, 2011.

1. NYSE shareholders are selling their shares of NYSE to highest bidder now. The NYSE business model cannot compete with other exchanges or venues. Electronic venues and dark pools taking all their profits and business.

This entire market hasn't been the same since the exchanges became privatized for publicly traded entities for profit.

Now the rules are fore profit rather than create a orderly fair transparent marketplace

there is no reason to have so many trading venues.

The financial regulators have really failed the public by letting special interest groups make market rules for profit.

1. two headquarters won't work
    whole point of merger is to reduce cost and NYSE shareholder want to cash out with a profit.

2. the new entity incorporated in netherlands.

3. a foreign company controlls US markets or heart of the US financial system.

4. patriot act doesn't apply

more and more business going to electronic venues.

NYSE was a non-profit organization before. all these rules changed once the NYSE and CBOT became public listed companies.

Now the market is controlled by few major shareholders in the board.

there should be only one exchange. ban dark pools. that is the SEC job.

the exchanges used to work for the and owned by brokers/dealers and traders... the exchange is nothing without traders/investors/brokers.

NYSE is public company and they have the right to sell cause NYSE can't compete with electronic markets who don't provide liquidity.

good thinking robin..let a foreign entity controll the countries financial system. why did you think their are national securities regulators. a few guys make the rules. and global domination with acess to every market. linking the systems together one big market. global concentration of financial power in the tiny country o netherlands...what does netherland produce

The TSE is selling to LSE too.

like the US exchanges traditional exchanges like the TSE and NYSE are losing business to electronic exchanges who don't provide liquidity and play by the same rules as the TSE and NYSE exchange. electronic exchange don't have the same market makers rules like the NYSe and TSE.

these guys are selling now because they are losing market share in the exchange trading business to electronic venues.

the market keeps change and so will the rules .

the market we have today didn't exist 15 years ago. the market isn't even the same compared to a few years ago.;

#21     Feb 16, 2011
  2. d08

d08

The stock exchange isn't the country's financial system, the central bank is. FYI, Netherlands produces a range of things...highly productive people - not that it has anything to do with a stock exchange HQ location at all. NASDAQ and NYSE Euronext together now control roughly 35-40% of European exchanges, I bet you don't see any conflict there.

#22     Feb 16, 2011
  3. the exchange rules and enforcement of market rules was once voted by members of the exchange like traders/broker dealers.

Now the exchange rules are determined by a few board of directors and a few powerful groups for profit. These exchanges only care about making money not integrity or fair,orderly, transparent marketplace. These exchanges are private for -profit 'businesses' . Just like the banks. The exchange don't care about market integrity. it's profits is the only goal. profit. greed is the only for their existence. Global fianancial risk doesn't matter. These exchanges create all these derivatives and products and HFT machines for profit.

#23     Feb 16, 2011
  4. d08

d08

Then you need gov't regulation, just like in any other industry. I don't see how the DB takeover/merger affects what you just mentioned, it's a continuation of the same.

#24     Feb 16, 2011
  5. that is the problem there is currently is gov't regulation but isn't being enforced or unenforceable due to market structures of new market reality of multiple trading venues etc. and no transparency like dark pools etc.. or impossible for the gov't regulators to regulate. a foreign entity.

the sec and cftc

even gary g. says the agency even with $300 million/year says he doesn't have enough money to enforce the rules and corruption etc.

i say $300/million is a lot of money to enforce what?? wtf is there to regulate. and these regulators enforce and catch the small fry fish in OTC penny stocks scams. when the big whales are eating all the little fish swim free

#25     Feb 16, 2011
  6. d08

d08

Again, nothing changes. You are saying as if things now are good and will turn worse after the DB takeover, merger...whatever you want to call it. I'd say DB will do a better job in changing things than NYSE has so far, it's not like they haven't had enough time. Profit motivation is another topic.

#26     Feb 16, 2011
  7. Well, at least this way in the next World War, they'll be on our side, eh?

#27     Feb 16, 2011
  8. Hello jimmyzee,

Thank you for your interresting comments. Those 2 particularly intrigue me... How was it before, in the non-profit floors? Do you have any illustration of rule(s) made for profit ?

thx

#28     Feb 16, 2011
  9. I really don't think this will weaken our (US) oppostion to the FTT. I believe Dunan N is going to be the new CEO of the merged company. He is very opposed to the FTT and I really doubt this would sway his mind. Plus it's not just us. Canada, Mexico, Japan and many more don't like the idea of an FTT.

-Guru

#29     Feb 16, 2011
  10. you do know that the SEC gets a fee everytime makes a trade. it's called the SEC fee.

The SEC gets $500 million and CFTC gets $300 million to enforce market rules.

The SEC and CFTC is funded by the gov't(taxpayers) AND traders (market participants)

$1 billion is a lot of money.

The problem is trading volume is down so SEC fees and CFTC fees are down. Volume is like 30% of prior to 2008 financial meltdown. Exchanges are actually a graveyard. There is few or less interest in trading. Traders care about momentum and volume.

#30     Feb 16, 2011