German Volkswagen short Billionaire commits suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Obviously it is about the money & wealth..... Landis just gets cranky and argumentative depending on whether his meds are doing their job. :D

#31     Jan 7, 2009
  2. he's not the first adolph to bet on volkswagon, and later commit suicide

#32     Jan 7, 2009
  3. So wait, the guy had 9 billions and he bet it all on 1 trade? How dumb can you get.

#33     Jan 7, 2009
  4. Cutten

Cutten

Do you have any evidence Merkle did this?

#34     Jan 7, 2009
  5. http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=148208

I know, now you'll say, "well Merckle isn't listed here. " Well, everyone else in VW is or will be, and at this point, that's close enough for me.

You know, as well as I do, this was a gang bang, and they bring the billionaire in last to lean on the stock. Just didn't work out, did it?

#35     Jan 7, 2009
  6. I'm a little concerned that everyone is assuming it is a suicide. Were there witnesses? Accident is usually the first assumption and for a case such as this one would think there would be more speculation about murder.

#36     Jan 7, 2009
  7. Do you know something the rest of the world doesn't?

#37     Jan 7, 2009
  8. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

I dont know if you can compare these two guys. One was a very successful self-made business man, the other a complete fraud in business and life.

If Madoff had an ounce of decency he would bow out by taking his own life, with a shot to thead, but i would not bet that guy has any decency,, ,, you cant steal from childrens charities and be able to sleep at night.

#38     Jan 7, 2009
  9. If this guy was in the VW 'trade', he was part of the game. He knew. He didn't off himself because he honestly lost. There is some shame involved. How the hell do you wander into that trade on your own? You don't. You're led there, and sold.

Go look at the 'reporter' thread. These knuckleheads work as a tag team, like, when I was kid in the 50's, the wrestlers' manager would grab a folding chair and wack the fuck out of the opponent when he wasn't looking. That's the SOP.

And they don't want to declare short positions because it shows the competition what they're doing. Too funny.

#39     Jan 7, 2009
  10. Ding! Ding! Ding!!!
    Bingo.
    :D

#40     Jan 7, 2009