German Volkswagen short Billionaire commits suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Jan 6, 2009.

1. talknet

talknet

I do not understand why the death of German billionaire Adolf Merckle is so hyped up because Death is the ultimate Fate of all Human beings.

Billionaires are not God
    . They are ordinary Human beings. They have to die one day.

Rest in Peace Billionaires.

#21     Jan 6, 2009
    #22     Jan 6, 2009
  3. With a net worth of $9 billion and $540 million in losses, it's kind of apparent that this fellow didn't kill himself because of poor financial performance.

#23     Jan 6, 2009
  4. That short squeeze should have been broken by regulators. It was a couple day anomaly. If it is every investigated, there will be seen a predatory attack against the short sellers by many hedge funds colluding together. This is what is wrong with the current financial system.

#24     Jan 6, 2009
  5. The squeeze was orchestrated by the regulators. I.E. if you consider the Govt the regulator.

#25     Jan 7, 2009
  6. 0008

Have he put all his money in one trade?

#26     Jan 7, 2009

7. he was trading out of collateral debt. thus, the losses implicate he would lose most of its empire, i.e. ratiopharm, etc.

he tried to obtain further financing to avoid that fate. it appears he wasn't able to pull that off and hence he preferred to put an end to his life rather than seeing with his own eyes his empire being taken away by his creditors.

porsche sentenced his death with its statement about VW majority stake. the regulators should be ashamed of themselves for allowing such an event send the share price up 4 fold in two days.

#27     Jan 7, 2009
  8. but it's ok to get short, fashion research, and bribe reporters? That's ok?

You live by the sword, - you know the rest.

#28     Jan 7, 2009
  9. Your Reading Comprehension must really be horrible . . .

Again, its not about the money.
    But you "don't get that".

#29     Jan 7, 2009
  10. #30     Jan 7, 2009