German Oct. jobless numbers fall 26,000

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, Oct 29, 2009.

1. I suspect the eastern half (following reunification) still has a lot of aspects like this...

#21     Oct 29, 2009
  2. moarla

moarla

#22     Oct 29, 2009
  3. moarla

moarla

your suspect is wrong, they moved so much oney to the east, everything is new there.

#23     Oct 29, 2009
  4. 1. The deficit is getting bigger because politicians can't find any consensus to cut spending, it will be 6% in 2010. An appalling performance considering Germany had no housing bubble no a major private banking crisis. Cutting social programs is a huge taboo in Germany and they're shying away from it since the 90s. Sooner or later this is going to blow up.

2. The national debt in almost all G7 countries (including the US) is easily manageable, except for Japan's. The problem (like the US) are health care, social security and pension provisions. Germany will blow up around 2030/2035.

Also, Germany's demographics are far worse than the US'. The US population grows by 1% annually. Germany's flatlines at 0.0%. Within two decades, the entire country will be made up of retired people while there is virtually no young, working generation to speak of.

#24     Oct 29, 2009

5. Many Germans move out to other parts of the globe. I met one in Cook Islands and we had a nice chat. I have met some in Mexico, Australia and Fiji. all were happy and did not leave Germany because they hated it. Germans are a funny bunch who love to travel and experience life and what a better way to do so than living in a far off place?

#25     Oct 29, 2009

6. You seem to be one of those guys who know what is better for Germans than Germans themselves.

#26     Oct 29, 2009
  7. moarla

moarla

well, you dont need to hate your country to find out that there are many better places around the globe :)))

#27     Oct 29, 2009

8. You are right, but it seemed to me that makloda was insinuating that many Germans flee because it is so bad back home. Quiet the contrary, it is still a very nice place to live and work. I just do not want people to have an impression of Germany being some third world country where in order to survive one has to go and work in another country. Germany is not Honduras or Vietnam.

#28     Oct 29, 2009
  9. I agree with you.:)

#29     Oct 29, 2009
  10. I am German.

You guys are oblivious to the brain-drain (and I am humbly not including myself here) Germany has suffered in the last 20 years.

#30     Oct 29, 2009