German Oct. jobless numbers fall 26,000

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, Oct 29, 2009.

1. they are not counted as unemployed : they do work!

#11     Oct 29, 2009
  2. Germany is still an exporting powerhouse, and unlike the US, it does not have a negative trade deficit. Plus being unemployed in Germany is not as bad as it is in the States. Germans work hard but also love to live. It is not uncommon for the young fellas to go on a year, around the globe vacations instead of getting a racing car or dreaming of "bling" in general.

#12     Oct 29, 2009
  3. Exactly. In the states you're dumped on the streets after 12 months, in Germany the government takes care of its sheep from the crib all the way to the casket.

The perverse manifestation of the German social system is the fact that a Family with 4 children with two unemployed parents on social security has a HIGHER net disposable income and standard of living than the same family with one parent working earning a median annual gross income and the other parent staying at home, taking care of the kids. Why work? :cool:

#13     Oct 29, 2009
  4. I was going to comment, but Mak took the words out of my mouth.

+1

#14     Oct 29, 2009
  5. why work a mini-job?
    to gain a regular job.

#15     Oct 29, 2009
  6. Why work when the state will pay for everything? I'd rather just travel the world and collect ss. If what mak is saying is true, anyone who doesn't try to get a german citizenship is just stupid.

Hopefully it'll be easier for me since i've been told I have some relatives over there :)

#16     Oct 29, 2009
  7. Germany has a solidly positive net migration number. If allowed to stay, they are all eligible for social security.

In 2008, 680k foreigners moved to Germany. At the same time, 175k Germans left Germany in 2008.

#17     Oct 29, 2009

8. yet, Germany:

1. does not have a huge deficit
    2. Their national debt is manageable
    3. Produce machinery that are actually wanted and desired throughout the world
    4. Has a much better education system
    5. Has affordable health care for all
    6. Much better infrastructure
    7. 4 to 6 week vacations
    8. And last but not least, their public toilets are squeaky clean.

I guess their system sucks, since according to German experts on this forum, they are a bunch of lazy unproductive welfare recipients. LOL!
    Some of you really need to venture further than a local mall. :D

#18     Oct 29, 2009

9. You got a source for that ????

BTW The operative word being "IF" they are allowed to stay. We both know that staying and becoming German citizen are two entirely different matters. There are many in Germany who will live there their whole lives and never receive citizenship.

#19     Oct 29, 2009
  10. #20     Oct 29, 2009