German Election

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MacroEvent, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Amnesiac

Amnesiac

It's the site of Lang&Schwarz a german broker firm. They offer trading of german stock after exchange close and on weekends.
    That's why during those times they have a DAX (not FDAX!) indication on their site, after which they quote all the stocks you can trade there.

Just ignore the other smaller number, that's the indication for the TecDax, a wannabe german-nasdaq.

The indication may be a bit exaggerated today, but usually it's pretty close to the opening price on the next morning.
    I think the DAX is more likely to open at around 4950 but might test the resistance at 4880-4900 shortly after that.

People over here are really not happy with the uncertain outcome of the election.

#21     Sep 18, 2005
  2. DAX IST KAPUT

#22     Sep 18, 2005
  3. Selling the index spreads looks like a layup to me. FTSE -3? WSI -17?

#23     Sep 18, 2005
  4. Yahoo quoted 80%

#24     Sep 18, 2005

5. Make it KAPUTT.

#25     Sep 19, 2005
  6. anyone of you DAX OR german speaking

Xetra traders tell me how one finds out

the breadth of issues trading during the day?

( i.e. stocks up on day vs down on day ) ?

#26     Sep 19, 2005
  7. fader

fader

thx Amnesiac, useful info.

#27     Sep 19, 2005
  8. Looks like nothing can break the love affair with this mkt.

I thought the election being pretty much the worst possible result would do it but nope.

#28     Sep 19, 2005
  9. The bar.cap. and jpmorgan reports on friday stated that the european indices were still looking cheap especially compared to across the pond. Looks like they thought Christmas had come early when they opened down there, lift lift lift!

#29     Sep 19, 2005
  10. The markets are stong China and India are growing and that helps the West because the whole world is growing. It is not hurting the US and Europe. Change the way you think and you might coin a bit.

#30     Sep 19, 2005