German court decision on Sept 12th

Discussion in 'Economics' started by clearinghouse, Sep 9, 2012.

1. I am concerned the decision will have serious impact on the EUR/USD, at least in the short run.

It could be that some speculators and analysts have over-hyped the impact of this decision, but I'm envisioning a scenario where the bond buying program is not executed, the dollar strengthens substantially, and gold and equities take a massive hit which knocks them far away from their recent highs.

I would like to hear others' thoughts on the impact of the decision as well.

#11     Sep 10, 2012
  2. If the verdict is negative, the impact on EURUSD will certainly be very serious indeed...

#12     Sep 10, 2012
  3. So handicap it for us.

#13     Sep 10, 2012
  4. I am afraid I don't play those games, especially with EURUSD...

#14     Sep 10, 2012
  5. So no delay on the ESM decision, which means that the headlines should hit tomorrow, 12th of Sep, at 4AM EST.

In the meantime, good luck and I leave you all with this heart-warming image:
    [​IMG]

#15     Sep 11, 2012
  6. Well, I'm flat and own nothing. But tomorrow, trading should be interesting. I'm assuming there will be plenty of volume, which was a recent complaint of mine.

#16     Sep 11, 2012
  7. Can someone explain this a bit further, in simpler terms?

#17     Sep 11, 2012
  8. In the face of German opposition I just don't see any country getting a good deal even if it's approved. It's not the way they've operated for years. ECB bond buying will have a whole different strategy than the US bond buying program (much cheaper). It'll be aimed at protecting against a default. Not inflating the country like a hot-air balloon.

#18     Sep 12, 2012
    #19     Sep 12, 2012