German Chamber of Commerce warns China : Plagiarism must end

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jan 15, 2010.

1. come on, I was trying to be ironic. Cultural shifts dont justify some people thinking they deserve stuff for free they NEVER worked for. I am fully aware that nobody finds themselves pondering whether copying a music file is ethical or not.

The problem lies with the fact that the large manufacturers, music and software industry had become way too greedy and completely missed the fact that the average Chinese or American university student could not afford a USD 300 license for their office package couple years ago. (now there are a lot more reasonable deals around). This led some individuals to incorrectly conclude that it was right to take what was not theirs in an act of Robin Hood-"ism" and unfortunately a whole new generation grew up under this though-umbrella.

Thats why you have some guys in here even questioning the usefulness of patents and copy rights because they simply pay zero respect to others' intellectual property, to them a patent or copy right only means additional cost to those who try to market such products.

Maybe you can call this a cultural shift but for sure this part is going to the worse not improvement of mankind. If there is zero respect nor protection for someone being creative and innovative there is no more point to be ambitious when the rest in a collegial fashion simply copy. Think of a class with curved grades. What point is there for the top students to work hard if everybody copies and as a result everybody gets exactly an average grade.

#41     Jan 19, 2010
  2. Humpy

Humpy

It,s competition that forces a more rapid rate of change, painful though the extra effort needed is.

you have also got the very real fact of people leaking info from their company to others for bribes plus of course industrial espionage. The old Soviet cold war espionage sytem is alive and well, now stealing industrial rather than political/military secrets.

#42     Jan 20, 2010
  3. lol i remember those car crashes, one of those crappy carmakers from china bought volvo now...so hopefully it will learn something from volvo to improve their deathtraps

#43     Jan 20, 2010