German Chamber of Commerce warns China : Plagiarism must end

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jan 15, 2010.

1. You are missing the point: innovation existed long before anybody thought of patent or copyright protection.

Your basic point is demonstrably false.

Cheers.

#21     Jan 17, 2010
  2. Who in the German car industry is sour? Why dont you go to Shanghai and count the foreign cars there on the streets? I would claim over 70% of ALL cars on the streets of Shanghai are German brands. Volkswagen just scored another record in China and it has become its most important market even more important than its domestic German market.

What are you talking about. Looking at the numbers and profit margins of cars sold in China I would say German makers have achieved a very comfortable position in this growing market. I cannot say the same of ANY American car maker in China and even the Japanese have a lot of catching up to do in China to beat Volkswagen, for example.

#22     Jan 17, 2010
  3. GM is doing great in China, faster growth than the market and great profitability. You kinda lost credibility there.

#23     Jan 17, 2010
  4. what credibility did I lose? The only thing I said about American car makers is that Volkswagen far outdoes any American car maker in that region. What are you talking about?

By the way, looking at the local car market in Shanghai and surrounding region it looks like the German and Japanese car makers are pumping out new models at regular intervals while all GM has to offer is some dated Cadillac and Buick brands. I recommend you get your information first hand or from credible sources before you accuse others of losing credibility.

#24     Jan 17, 2010
  5. and sex was practiced long before pregnancy prevention was invented. So what is really your point?

My point was that in today's society you dont get profit maximizing enterprises to heavily invest into innovation without ensuring that such innovation is protected from blatant copying. What do you really disagree with? This is the VERY REASON Google stood up this past week even risking to have to completely pull out of the Chinese market or are you really so naive to believe Google cares about human rights? The only reason is that intellectual property is currently not protected in China so there is no point for Google to do business in China risking everything to be stolen although they only generate 2% of their revenues in China at the moment.

#25     Jan 17, 2010
  6. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

Why Google Is Quitting China
    Rebecca Fannin, 01.15.10, 04:40 PM EST
    It's not censorship. The search giant just couldn't compete with Baidu.... (Baidu out-innovates Google.)

http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/15/ba...technology-google.html?boxes=Homepagechannels

#26     Jan 18, 2010
  7. Come on. So put yourself into Google, you give up all you have built in China, all the millions you invested, and now you pull out just because you have not met your market share targets as expected? You pull out of the most promising market for the next 2-3 decades? Sorry, whatever you posted, thats the opinion of an editor, here is my opinion, but I believe my opinion and the points I stated to support my opinion make a lot more sense. Building market share in such country against such strong competitor takes YEARS, and Google knows that, they are not pulling out just because Baidu is stronger than them. And you know what? Another strong argument against your source is that Google has made significant progress in how to sell adds vs Baidu and they also convinced a lot of media agencies to go with Google based on the better way results show up in searches versus Baidu's pure "the more you pay the higher on top your add shows up" concept.

Sorry but I stand to my point that this is an issue of intellectual property rights and the fear of giving it away to Chinese companies without any legal protection whatsoever.

#27     Jan 18, 2010
  8. by the way your source does not appear credible at all. Look at Rebecca Fannin's publishing record, every other article she pumped out is extremely negative on Google, I would not be surprised if she previously worked for Google and got laid off or has some other sort of axe to grind with that company.

#28     Jan 18, 2010
  9. That you, as usual, don't have one.

Cheers.

#29     Jan 18, 2010
  10. Lol, possibly your issue of not being able to read posts. My point from the first post has been "do not underestimate the attraction and potential of the Chinese market just because plagiarism is currently practiced." Then I added that the German and Japanese car makers are actually doing pretty well in China vs. the American ones after which you became all emotional.

Cannot help you if you have a hard time to stay on the OP's topic and fail to see others' points. The lack of leadership of American car makers in China is evidenced by hard numbers not opinion. Learn to deal with it. Not everything coming out of the US is great even though you may see everyday you drive to work billboards along the lines of "greatest .... in the world..."

#30     Jan 18, 2010