Geraldo slams ‘GOP bloodlust’ over Benghazi

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Nov 2, 2012.

1. In cases of National Security we have been told many untruths. Some we embrace, some we don't. I don't mind giving my Gov't a little slack, like CIA operations that help us in the long run. But, I can agree, it can be slippery slope.

#31     Nov 3, 2012
  2. jem

jem

a. c 130 - red herring... who the hell cares how they could have gotten there were have been told by multiple sources they could have all sorts of people there within a few hours.

b. white house watched and did nothing is a lie...
    how they hell would Geraldo know... if Obama and his team watched and did nothing.

Nothing happened and if Obama was not watching something is very wrong.

The questions are why did nothing happen to save our people and why was the administration lying its ass off.

we know Obama says he ordered protection.
    we know our guys were requesting it
    we know nothing got them.

People were told to stand down
    we know Panetta said he and the generals essentially countermanded Obama's order because "they did not have enough info"
    but we know that Rep Chaffee said General Ham just about called bullshit on that. (as close to it as you can get imo without being out of line)

we know the Obama and his team lied their asses off about what happened for 2 weeks.

So you tell me how the hell would Geraldo know if Obama sat there and watched or sat there and ordered our teams in.

Finally I think its ridiculous for Geraldo to say special warfare guys could not have protected those 4 americans. How the hell would he know.

But, I know a few ex special ops guys. I will see some of them at holiday partys the next few months. I will find out.

#32     Nov 3, 2012
  3. AFAIK: that would be a first in US history.
    Nobody has ever countermanded the office of the President concerning military operations.

It just doesn't happen that's why the office is called "Commander in Chief" not " don't ask me, go ask your mother and see if she agrees "

#33     Nov 3, 2012
  4. Agree, to say that is a lie.

#34     Nov 3, 2012