Geraldo slams ‘GOP bloodlust’ over Benghazi

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Nov 2, 2012.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Excuse me? "delayed by Libyan officials"? A war had broken out at the US embassy. What kind of limp wristed, unempowered attempt to defend the US was it if some unspecified "officials" could just say "chill out" and Americans said "sure bro, it's not important enough for us to ignore you, it's just an act of war against the US".

Obama could have justified any level of force that he wanted to. He didn't do jack shit while Americans were being slaughtered live on his monitors...

#21     Nov 2, 2012
  2. Geraldo "jumped the shark" in the mid-80's when he did the "empty vault" special on Al Capone. If that wasn't bad enough, getting his ass beat in by skinheads on air was the icing on the cake.

#22     Nov 2, 2012
  3. wjk

wjk

#23     Nov 2, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Sorry, Ollie, you're ruined--there's no coming back for ya.

#24     Nov 2, 2012
  5. wjk

wjk

It doesn't make what he stated any less true. I'll take him over Geraldo any day regarding military matters. At least he understands chain of command.

Was he ruined for love of country, or love of power? Enlighten me.

#25     Nov 2, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Agreed, but it is the preferred tactic on this board. Don't like the message? Kill the messenger. Who was the latest, Bloomberg?

Edit: Ollie was a sacrificial lamb. I'd say more than half of presidents have some kind of scandal on their watch, and what, half of those pay for their own errors?

#26     Nov 2, 2012
  7. wjk

wjk

True. I'm always amazed by the cover ups, though. History really does repeat itself in that sense, doesn't it? I'd love to see leadership that just sets the politics aside and admit they fucked up. Hell, I'd consider voting for such honesty and transparency! You and I know what they say about power, though.

#27     Nov 2, 2012
  8. Been busy, just came across this, have you guys already discussed it.

Libya attacks: Officials say CIA responded in less than 25 minutes

Senior U.S. intelligence officials said Thursday that CIA security officers went to the aid of State Department staff less than 25 minutes after they got the first call for help from the consulate, which was less than a mile from a CIA annex.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/1...-responded-in-less-than-25-minutes-81669.html

#28     Nov 3, 2012
  9. This may be true. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't make a better president than Romney.

#29     Nov 3, 2012
  10. When someone spins a yarn which neglects to mention facts which we know to be true it sure makes their version of the story sound like bullshit.
    Now if they want to splain what happened to Woods and Doherty : it might give them a smidge of credibility.

#30     Nov 3, 2012