Geraldo slams ‘GOP bloodlust’ over Benghazi

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Perhaps if the Obama Ministry of Truth had not told such a huge lie to begin with, their new "story" might be a little more believable. They've had more time to spin a bigger web is all. Geraldo, not exactly the guy I'd be going to for the truth, about anything. This is what the radical left has been reduced to on this story. Geraldo, the new standard bearer.

#11     Nov 2, 2012
  2. Since obama lied about what happened afterwords, and not one dem on this site has even accepted that reality.. let's just say indisputable evidence surfaces that he gave the order to not intervene in the attack, what would you guys think about that, honestly?

#12     Nov 2, 2012
  3. tango29

tango29

From what I understand there is ample evidence that help was asked for before the final attack. There also is a tape of calls from the embassy, but those have classified as top secret. Not the first time, and the Dems aren't the first party to do this while in office, but why does that make it okay? I am so tired of partisianship and b.s. People died for probably no reason, again, and yet politicians argue about how best to cover up the fact. I can't wait to see who gets their head lopped off when the failures are brought public. I guarantee it will be someone who retires with a great pension and benefits for life as opposed to the rest of us suckers.

#13     Nov 2, 2012
  4. The only thing Geraldo demolished is what little is left of his credibility. Apparently he's never heard of QRFs (Quick Reaction Forces) which exist exactly for this kind of situation. If there wasn't one in place for Benghazi, there should have been based on prior attacks alone.

Even without a dedicated QRF, here's what retired Admiral (4star) Lyons, former Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet said about our ability to respond to this:

The Obama national security team, including CIA, DNI, State Department and the Pentagon, watched and listened to the assault but did nothing to answer repeated calls for assistance. It has been reported that President Obama met with Vice President Joseph R. Biden and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta in the Oval Office, presumably to see what support could be provided. After all, we had very credible military resources within striking distance. At our military base in Sigonella, Sicily, which is slightly over 400 miles from Benghazi, we had a fully equipped Special Forces unit with both transport and jet strike aircraft prepositioned. Certainly this was a force much more capable than the 22-man force from our embassy in Tripoli.

I know those Special Forces personnel were ready to leap at the opportunity. There is no doubt in my mind they would have wiped out the terrorists attackers. Also I have no doubt that Admiral William McRaven, Commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, would have had his local commander at Sigonella ready to launch; however, apparently he was countermanded—by whom? We need to know.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...e-clean-what-happened-benghazi/#ixzz2B5ytwaPW

#14     Nov 2, 2012
  5. In the world of the radical leftist there is no such thing as indisputable evidence, unless, of course, it's a republican on the hot seat. Then it doesn't take much evidence at all to convince them of cover ups and lies.

#15     Nov 2, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Yeah? Who was it who said, "this campaign will not be dictated to by fact checkers"?

#16     Nov 2, 2012
  7. wjk

wjk

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/01/sprj.irq.geraldo/index.html

This guy?

"U.S. military officials told CNN on Monday morning that Rivera violated the cardinal rule of war reporting by giving away crucial details of military plans during a Fox News Channel broadcast from Iraq, where the reporter was temporarily assigned to the Army's 101st Airborne Division.

In the live broadcast, Rivera told his photographer to aim the camera at the sand in front of him. Rivera then outlined a map of Iraq, and showed the relative location of Baghdad and his location with the 101st Airborne. He then showed where the 101st would be going next. "

#17     Nov 2, 2012
  8. Exactly, Geraldo's an idiot and the libturds on this board like IQ47 and trendlover who are quoting his nonsense are even more stupid.

#18     Nov 2, 2012
  9. Nobody with any military experience believes there were no assets available to assist the ambassador.

#19     Nov 2, 2012
  10. I volunteer a tree for obama & panetta.

#20     Nov 2, 2012