George Zimmerman's wife charged with perjury

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Jun 12, 2012.

1. He wasn't confronted he was the one doing the confronting on his neighbors property. Another pussy physco with a gun.
    What kind of idiot goes on someone else's property pointing the gun at the owners of the property because the music was too loud... A physco, that's who. A person has a right to be safe from attack on their own property.

#41     Jun 14, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

He did approach the neighbors property, yes. Where he was confronted by, and imo, threatened by several drunks. Look up "disparity of force" if you're not familiar with the legal term. THEN he showed his handgun AND gave ample warning. Personally I think the shooter did mishandle the situation and was clearly part of the problem, so to speak. Making his self defense let alone stand your ground legal defense questionable. Which I already conceded.
    I think now you are the one letting your emotions rule over facts as far as I could tell he didn't point his gun until AFTER he felt threatened.
    I absolutely agree, a person also has a right not to have to listen to his neighbors music as well. Although, again I'll concede, the former right is certainly more important than the latter.

#42     Jun 14, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

Do you prime yourself first by watching an actioner on TV before deciding to go for a concealed carry walk around the block, waiting for some punk to go ahead and make your day?

#43     Jun 14, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

And this is a good thing? Something you'd like to perpetuate?

#44     Jun 14, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

No, only an immature and or irresponsible individual would do that. Of course this is how you and your ilk would like to assume all gun owners behave. But it's not and no amount of wishful thinking on your part will make it so. I, and the vast majority of legal gun owners, take my right to carry and the immense responsibility that comes with doing so very seriously.

#45     Jun 14, 2012
  6. This dope in Texas was clearly wrong. He went looking for trouble and found it. He instigated and escalated the situation. Another dummy thinks he can gun people down just because he feels threatened. Message to dummies. It ain't stand your ground if you're the one inciting the violence.
    Those that are in favor of consealed carry and stand your ground laws are not doing themselves any favors when they support stupid activity.

#46     Jun 14, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

Yeah, he got a little carried away with his "make my day" mentality. I think if he had either 1) shot for a leg or 2) retreated to his own property and they continued to persue him then he defended him self; he would have had a better case.

You can't go down the block to the neighbor's house and call them out so you can shoot them. Well, not without going to jail.

#47     Jun 14, 2012
  8. I'm not letting my emotions take control. Ive had rude neighbors keep me up and I didn't take a gun with me when I asked them to turn it down. Guess what nobody died or was even threanted. Years ago when I lived in an apartment some neighbors in college had parties on Saturday nights sometimes. I'd wake up pissed then look at the clock and it'd only be around midnight. I remember thinking quit being an old grouch, it's Saturday night let me have some fun.

#48     Jun 14, 2012
  9. Nice strawman. He didn't "call them out so he could shoot them." He asked them to turn down their noise. He was in the right and they were a house full of loud drunks disturbing the peace. They saw he was armed and started making threats.

This is exactly the reason I said carrying, concealed or not, can put the carrier in a bad spot, where you either have to shoot someone under circumstances that can be second-guessed later by some dickhead prosecutor, or risk getting killed yourself.

You can criticize this guy's actions, but you have to concede the neighbor and his friends also bear a large share of responsibility.

#49     Jun 14, 2012
  10. You don't have to be polite to someone who comes on your property uninvited. He has no right to feel safe on someone's else's property when he is uninvited and unwelcome. If he felt threatened he should of left, not kill the property owner. He had no right to stay on his neighbors property.
    The guy was wrong and guilty as seen by the verdict. This is also a property rights issue.
    Don't know what country your from AAA but here in America you can't do that.

#50     Jun 14, 2012