George Zimmerman's wife charged with perjury

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Jun 12, 2012.

1. :)

#21     Jun 13, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bull Shit, it wouldn't affect my decision to carry. Not even a little.

#22     Jun 13, 2012
  3. I won't blame Zimmer for wanting to spend as much time away from his wife as possible , especially at nights . That is one frightening looking lady.

#23     Jun 13, 2012
  4. I don't carry a gun but if I did that wouldn't affect my decision either.
    Carrying a gun seems like a great big pain in the ass. Not worth the effort and an inconvience IMO.

#24     Jun 13, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's not for everyone that's for sure. My particular pistol/holster combo is actually fairly comfortable even while sitting and I need only a loose fitting shirt over it to completely conceal it. FWIW I consider carrying Life, Auto and Home insurance a great big pain in the ass too. You almost never need them, until you do. :)

#25     Jun 13, 2012
  6. I support CCW, but you are not going to jail if you make a mistake with your homeowners insurance.

The more I thought about the issues that could arise, the less I liked the idea of carrying. I just read about an incident on the subway in chicago. A group of punks, black of course, got on and grabbed a woman's iphone. A guy with her demanded it back and the group pounded the snot out of him. What would you do in that situation? What if you were a bystander?

#26     Jun 13, 2012
  7. Yes he was. Walking while black. Lots of people in NYC get stopped and frisked by the cops for this very thing.

#27     Jun 13, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I couldn't shoot them. Illinois ignores the second amendment and refuses to issue carry permits or honor any other states permits. Of course law abiding citizens not be allowed to exercise their rights certainly isn't doing the murder rate in Chicago any good.

(Sorry, not busting your chops)

Now lets say I'm a bystander in your very good and valid scenario in a state that does honors my permit and I'm armed. Truthfully, I would almost have to be there to say for sure what I'd do. And I am NOT trying to be evasive. There are just so many potential variables. Am I in a district/region that leans left? IOW is the prosecutor likely to be an anti-gun nut all to happy to abuse his office to further his/her own agenda?
    Exactly how big is the "disparity of force", are there two "youths" or eight?
    Are any weapons involved? Is the guy being beaten in danger of being beaten to death or is he just getting a bloody nose? If I did draw my weapon, what's in the background? Nothing of importance or a bunch of school kids? (can I fire without collateral damage) Do I sense in that moment that merely moving in to assist the victim, without showing I'm armed, might be enough to diffuse the situation? Or is it apparent that only busting some caps is going to save the guys life? Is the person being beaten an Obama supporter? (I'm definitely not saving their sorry ass :) )

I don't belong to any gun forums but I've skimmed over a number of them in the last year. Because of the very good point you're making with your question. There seems to be a growing number of armed citizens who have vowed never to intervene to save a third party. There are too many prosecutors more than willing to ruin your life EVEN IF the shooter did follow the letter of the law. It's a sad state of affairs but it's the world we live in.

#28     Jun 13, 2012
  9. Wallet

Wallet

Spot on, There's too many legal pitfalls when you step into the shoes of someone else, unless some psycho pulls a weapon and goes postal, mine stays in it's holster.

#29     Jun 14, 2012
  10. If I were a bystander he'd be getting help. While I remain unarmed I am not defenseless. Perhaps we'd both be getting the snot beat out of us, but they'd work for it, guaranteed!

#30     Jun 14, 2012