George Zimmerman's wife charged with perjury

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Good post. Here's another thought; What if Trayvon was a better MMA fighter and got Zimmie's gun? It sounds like he got pretty close to it. I'll bet things would be quite a bit different and then people who currently carry may now think twice about the "wisdom" of doing so.

#11     Jun 13, 2012
  2. This is not going to end well, now matter what the outcome. Florida, due to it's recent electoral past is a tinderbox, and DC knows this. How they can diffuse this situation without troops on the streets I do not know.

#12     Jun 13, 2012
  3. >>One more thing, it looks like a few ETers here are gun enthusiasts, so I hope you think things through before you decide to carry one out in public. There's a million and one things that could go wrong. Is it really neccessary for you to be armed in public? Resonsible gun owners think things through before they ever take a gun out of the house.<<

I think this is very good advice. I know a lot of people have taken the classes and got their CCw license, but just because you have a license doesn't mean you need to carry. The chances of actually needing a gun when out of the house and having the opportunity to deploy it are very low. The chances of something going badly wrong are high.

I had a relative who was in a Zimmerman situation. He was out on a late night dog walk and heard a neighbor in a hostile dispute with some little thug the neighbor had caught in the act of trying to steal some stuff. The punk was about the beat the neighbor up when my relative popped out of the bushes and announced he was armed. The punk took off. If he had decided to attack my relative instead, it could easily have ended up as Travon II. "Whites shoot unarmed black teen, who was just out for a walk."

The fact is, if you shoot an unarmed person, even if they are pounding you, you will probably be prosecuted. There are loads of cases like that. And, if you're carrying and get into a scrap, there is always the worry that they will take the weapon and use it on you. So you are in a can't win situation.

Or let's say you are in a convenience store and someone tries to rob it. You draw on them. Several things can happen, only one of which is good, ie he drops his gun and gives up. You can get shot, you can shoot a bystander, you can shoot the robber and get sued in civil court or possibly be charged for using excessive force.

#13     Jun 13, 2012
  4. The fact is criminal defendants and their relatives lie routinely to courts. Few are prosecuted. This case is even weaker because the money in question had been donated to a defense fund. A young woman untrained in law or finance is being prosecuted because she failed to clarify vague and confusing questions about "their" resources.

the conclusion is inescapable that the state, realizing their case against Zimmerman is paperthin, saw an oppportunity to use his wife as leverage. It is despicable and unethical.

#14     Jun 13, 2012
  5. The Zimmermans are getting what they deserve for being stupid and being liars.

#15     Jun 13, 2012
  6. That punk was committing a crime by stealing from and about to assault the neighbor ,Martin wasn't committing any crimes

#16     Jun 13, 2012
  7. exactly.

Currently though, everyone in prison at some moment in time were not commiting a crime. Martin though, just had an anger issue. Ya think he would have been a happy camper, walking in the rain drinking ice tea and eating skittles.

#17     Jun 13, 2012
  8. It wouldn't have mattered if my relative had shot him. Even if he had attacked them, it would have been a case of "white man shoots unarmed black teen."

And to be factual, Martin was committing the crime of assault and battery when he was shot.

#18     Jun 13, 2012
  9. Faux outrage by the klanish here on ET.
    How dare they charge a nigga killer with perjury, how dare they I say.

#19     Jun 13, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

Irony of all ironies. I think Mr. Zimmerman walks but Mrs. Zimmerman gets convicted and serves jail time.

#20     Jun 13, 2012