George W. Bush will go down in history as America's worst environmental president.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Since when does being PROUD of one of the greatest learning institutions of the United States of America make one ELITIST?

:eek:

#51     Dec 2, 2003
  2. EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD for him comes down to the proverbial "Liberal vs Conservative" argument.

Such tunnel-vision.
    What a shame!

:)

#52     Dec 2, 2003
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't care where you went to school. There are many conservatives on here that are proud of their prestigious degrees. However, they don't go around from board to board pretending they are better then anyone else. Liberals in general think they are the enlightened ones about everything from the environment to social welfare. That the rest of us non-liberals simply don't understand the issues. It's your attitude that bothers me, not your degree or your university. Well the rest of the people in this country are tired of liberals telling us how the world is supposed to work and we not want to be dependent on the government to solve our problems. See waggie, it's people like me that believe that we are smart enough to take care of ourselves, we don't need big government to run our lives nor do we want them to. We also don't want hippie, free loving, quasi-soclialist wannabes from San Francisco telling us in middle America how we should live our lives.

If you like to take it in the ass, I can respect that. Just don't lobby in Washington DC for gay sex education for 10 year olds in Illinois OK just because everyone is game for that in the wonderful Bay area. You keep your values to yourself and I'll keep mine.

#53     Dec 2, 2003
  4. For someone that is only 29 years old, you sure have everything figured out, especially when it pertains to CALIFORNIA.

You relentlessly BASH the Golden State whenever you see an opportunity because you believe that it stands for a LIBERAL philosophy and attidude on life AND when a 4th generation Californian such as myself PROVES YOU WRONG about the state's air quality, environmental issues, energy issues, or the state's budget deficit, you then bring your argument back to the old Conservatives vs Liberals crap sounding very much like the Timothy McVie's of the World.

What makes me laugh even further is the fact that you end your latest "hissy-fit" with you accusing me of projecting my values onto yours, and calling me all sorts of names, ASSUMING that I am a liberal in my political views.

Maverick, your paranoia is simply amazing. Do you always make all sorts of fanatically half-cocked assumptions about someone's sexual preferences, race, values, and political ideology all because of what geographical area that they choose to live in?

In fact, when USC takes on Oklahoma for the National Championship next month, I have no doubt that you will also turn that into some sort of ridiculous political debate.

:D

#54     Dec 2, 2003
  5. I have no problem with the concept of diminishing returns. One thing I'd like to point out about the oil reserves: although proved reserves have been under reported (in other words we didn't know we had these) the concept of diminishing returns is applicable to oil production. Here is a picture of what I am talking about. Used to be oil was more or less recoverable near the surface of the earth. Now, we have to spend more and drill in more difficult environments to get at the oil. I saw a Kerr-McGee commercial this evening touting their ability to drill deep water oil wells. I have no idea how much these cost now but back a decade or so ago they were about $20 million. Since there are now commercials for very deep water drilling it must be for the reason that it is increasingly difficult to find oil and pump out at a lower cost from dry land. This brings to mind the efforts to open up the northern part of Alaska to drilling operations.

#55     Dec 2, 2003
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, well, well, look who is using my screen name to presume my age. You think you know everything too. I am not bashing the golden state. I am just pointing out how different your state is from the other 49 states in this country. And Yes, outside of Orange county, California is very liberal. I have many friends that live out there and everyone one of them agree with me 100% and they are liberal! And the only thing I said about California was that it's the SUV capital of the world, but YOUR paranoia turned that into me bashing the environment. I have never made comments concerning the environment of California in particular although I will go on the record as saying that everytime I have been in LA, the air is actually orange! I kid you not. There is a haze so bad out there that you really can't tell when it's cloudy outside. But that's another story.

And I did not accuse you of projecting your values on me but rather liberals in GENERAL think they should project their values on the rest of us. We see it on TV, the movies, music, you name it. Then you get all your special interest groups that lobby Washington for every kind of crazy idea you can think of in the name of diversity.

There is a general elitist attitude from all liberals that they are smarter and more enlightened then the rest of us and you have permeated that view with your own posts on ET.

You guys continue shove your liberal ideology down our throats. You continue to attack our President because he doesn't support your gay marriages, keeping God's name on our currency, or because we are not giving away enough money to your big government programs.

Tonight as we speak, Hollywood is getting all the rich and powerful liberals together to see how they can throw Bush out of office. I wish them luck, because the other 49 states in this country do not share the same ideolology as them. And they just don't get this. They can raise all the money in the world, but hate speech and money is not going to get Bush out of office.

#56     Dec 2, 2003
  7. It is YOUR way of discriminatory thinking and attitude filled with RACIAL, CULTURAL, AND SEXUAL STEREOTYPES that we should ALL be very afraid of.

You make a "sarcastic" comment about air quality in California and how much the residents here love their clean air (LOL). When you get called on it with actual FACTUAL data that show the exact opposite of your remarks, the next thing we know we have TIMOTHY MC VIE, JR ranting and raving about BIG government and liberals and homosexuals and everything else that your little pea-brain feels threatened by just because it is not a cookie-cutter version of your midwestern self.

Maverick, it's time to get over yourself.

I have no problem embracing diversity and being proud of the Golden State for all that it has to offer. In fact, that's really what this country has been about since day one. Too bad that you and Timothy Mc Vie have so much in common . . .

Scary, real scary.

#57     Dec 2, 2003
  8. Apparently your "friends" have never been south of Orange county into San Diego county, which is also very conservative.

And I did not accuse you of projecting your values on me but rather liberals in GENERAL think they should project their values on the rest of us.

Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Anne Coulter, etc. don't project their values on to all us?

Do you know anyone who is trying to force you into gay marriages? You wouldn't be homophobic, would you?

#58     Dec 2, 2003
  9. He's a far cry from being the worst president America has ever had, although that cry continues to sound more and more like a whimper....

He destroyed a raging (rage-ing) economy and delivered an economic term that produces results worse than the 1929 Depression, or the 1987 Depression or the 1991-94 Depression, namely:

"Jobless Recovery".

What kind of recovery is there without jobs.

Do you think he could actually sound intelligent, if he could only read full sentences instead of those bullet point items on his queue cards.

Didn't anyone every tell this mental genius (because all of us other geniuses can't figure him out), that queue card bullet point items are not fully formed sentences, nor proper grammer?

#59     Jan 7, 2004
  10. easymon1

easymon1

delete.jpg

#60     Sep 20, 2022