George W. Bush Requests More Taxpayer Dollars Than Any Other Former President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 9, 2012.

1. the gift that keeps on giving:

George W. Bush is slated to receive $1.3 million in taxpayer dollars for fiscal year 2013, including $85,000 in phone costs and $26,000 in printing costs, according to a budget proposal compiled by the General Services Administration.

The money -- provided under the Former Presidents Act of 1958, which grants ex-presidents a taxpayer-sponsored "annual allowance" -- goes toward office expenses, staff and travel.

The Daily Caller‘s Alex Pappas reports:

Former President Bill Clinton is requesting more than $1 million. Former President George H.W. Bush is requesting $879,000 and former President Jimmy Carter is requesting $518,000.
    As for widows of former presidents, like Nancy Reagan, $7,000 is budgeted for postal costs.

Bush's anticipated phone bill is five times higher than the next closest request, which was submitted by George Bush senior. George W. Bush also had the highest requests for unspecified office equipment ($86,000), travel ($60,000), postage ($20,000) and "other services" ($26,000).
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...re-taxpayer-dollars_n_1502819.html?ref=topbar

2. Mercor

Mercor

Looks like the further away from time served the less funds needed.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

As far as I'm concerned former congressmen, Presidents and their families should not get anything after leaving office. No pension no medical no secret service protection. Absolutely GD NOTHING!

4. At least its not as high as the 1.2 trillion deficit spending he left

5. I agree except for the secret service protection part for the president and vp.Theres a lot of US enemies that would love to take Bush out .I think he and other presidents deserves to be protected

6. Thought about it and I think Presidents should get a small pension if they dont have any money

Truman was so broke he was considering doing cigarette commercials for money .I don't want former Presidents belittling the office because they need money to eat.It should be 100,000 a year max though

7. Sometimes only a doctor can understand you . . . . luke.:mad:.

8. I love how liberals continually use GWB to compare Obama against.

#standards